Transferring to Bachelor of applied science (diagnostic radiography) usyd (1 Viewer)

Zkzkzk

HSC
Hi! I'm currently a first-year student studying a bachelor's degree at another university. I wish to transfer to this course, however, I realized how the course only starts in semester1 2023. The course was open to an application recently, and I have applied to UAC however I do not know whether the uni gives offers during this time. I entered an enquiry a while ago but they have not replied yet. I know some other universities despite allowing application at this time, but only give out offers at the end of the year. I don't know how the University of Sydney processes this, but another university told me that if I complete 1 year of university, they will consider both my ATAR and university grades at a 50% weighting of both. My ATAR from high school (in 2021) was 99.70, and I'm conflicted about what I should do if the university of Sydney also does not give offers earlier in the year for this course. I'm so lost on what I should do right now, as I'm worried that if I complete 1st year, and don't do well I may not get accepted, or if I should quit doing semester 2 at my current uni (and perhaps work for half a year), and I don't get accepted I would be in a very bad position, not being enrolled in any university. I would really appreciate some clarification, about whether offers of the course (for 2023 semester 1) are given out earlier in the year, or/and suggestions on what I should do (whether to continue semester 2 and perhaps get a bad GPA/WAM and decrease my likelihood of being accepted, or quit and start working, and use my ATAR purely for application). Thanks a lot!!

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
usyd isn't giving out offers this yr for semester 2 entry into radiography, so you're gonna have to finish up your first year at your current university and apply for semester 1 2023 intake (w the high school leavers). there's honestly nothing to worry about, it's so common for students to finish a year of uni somewhere else and then transfer using their ATAR and first year uni results. your atar is exceptional, I don't think your wam/gpa atm is gonna limit you from transferring unless you're morbidly failing. try to keep within the credit range at least (65+), idk what this translates to in GPA but you can achieve credit with your eyes closed. I don't believe there's an exact 50% weighting of ATAR vs uni results when it comes to transferring, usyd "assesses you based on whichever gives you the best chance of receiving an offer" - from the uni website. so in other words, that atar can get you anywhere, just be doing somewhat decent at uni

don't drop out of uni for the 2nd semester that's a silly idea tbh, you seem to be worrying over nothing. if by some miracle you don't get accepted into usyd with a 99.70 then at least you'll still be enrolled somewhere and you can try again later. yes if you dropped out mid year, then usyd will only consider your atar not your uni results and you're basically guaranteed entry, but like why would you bother lol, I'd recommend finishing up a full year like most students do and hopefully starting radiography in the summer it just makes more sense to plan out your degree if you start in feb

make sure your UAC application is complete, focus on uni and then surely you'll get an offer after 2022 HSC this year

I think you uni results start to weigh more than atar the longer you've been at uni (e.g. you'd want to maintain 75+ to transfer after 2nd year), but if you've only done one year before transferring then I'm pretty sure ATAR has a strong weighting

you've got a whole 1.5 semesters left lol, do your best I'm sure you'll make it next year w flying colours

Zkzkzk

HSC
usyd isn't giving out offers this yr for semester 2 entry into radiography, so you're gonna have to finish up your first year at your current university and apply for semester 1 2023 intake (w the high school leavers). there's honestly nothing to worry about, it's so common for students to finish a year of uni somewhere else and then transfer using their ATAR and first year uni results. your atar is exceptional, I don't think your wam/gpa atm is gonna limit you from transferring unless you're morbidly failing. try to keep within the credit range at least (65+), idk what this translates to in GPA but you can achieve credit with your eyes closed. I don't believe there's an exact 50% weighting of ATAR vs uni results when it comes to transferring, usyd "assesses you based on whichever gives you the best chance of receiving an offer" - from the uni website. so in other words, that atar can get you anywhere, just be doing somewhat decent at uni

don't drop out of uni for the 2nd semester that's a silly idea tbh, you seem to be worrying over nothing. if by some miracle you don't get accepted into usyd with a 99.70 then at least you'll still be enrolled somewhere and you can try again later. yes if you dropped out mid year, then usyd will only consider your atar not your uni results and you're basically guaranteed entry, but like why would you bother lol, I'd recommend finishing up a full year like most students do and hopefully starting radiography in the summer it just makes more sense to plan out your degree if you start in feb

make sure your UAC application is complete, focus on uni and then surely you'll get an offer after 2022 HSC this year

I think you uni results start to weigh more than atar the longer you've been at uni (e.g. you'd want to maintain 75+ to transfer after 2nd year), but if you've only done one year before transferring then I'm pretty sure ATAR has a strong weighting

you've got a whole 1.5 semesters left lol, do your best I'm sure you'll make it next year w flying colours
Thanks so much, your advice really helped!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)