Transferring OUT of law, not sure if its for me. Feeling upset/stressed (1 Viewer)

fletcher321

HSC
N/A
I just started commerce/law this year because parents wanted me to give it a try since I got in . the thing is im not sure if its for me and already feel upset after 3 days of studying it. I like commerce however and economics/languages etc. I feel inferior to all the smart people in my class since I got in through special consideration (didn't even get 99.7) and my English isn't that good. Is there opportunity to transfer out of it after a semester or something or even sooner, and how would this be done? I would rather do arts/commerce at usyd !

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
I can help you ! I was in the exact same situation this time last year . Please PM

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
The fastest way is to drop it by census date so that you won't be charged. But think carefully, LAWS1052 isnt available during sem2 every year .

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
After you drop it, you can either contact the art faculty before Friday this week or wait till next semester.

fletcher321

HSC
N/A
After you drop it, you can either contact the art faculty before Friday this week or wait till next semester.
hey jes
I pm you , did you receive?
im feeling stressed and worried: ( also because I am a very quiet person

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
you give me a few options though.. need to weigh up
Man i did not
1) Drop it before census date
2) Still try it for a momet, may find interesting, but may get chaged

It all depends on YOU

fletcher321

HSC
N/A
Man i did not
1) Drop it before census date
2) Still try it for a momet, may find interesting, but may get chaged

It all depends on YOU
seriously no need to be rude. that is two options: dropping before census date, and keeping it to try
which is the question I had in the beginning
thanks for your help but don't yell at an already stressed out person.

pHyRe

HSC
what do you want us to say?? if you think you might change your mind, keep doing it for a week or so and see what happens. If not, drop it now.

fletcher321

HSC
N/A
what do you want us to say?? if you think you might change your mind, keep doing it for a week or so and see what happens. If not, drop it now.
alright, sorry for being a bit harsh.
I guess my real question is, does law get better? haha

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes law does get better. LAWS1052 is a poor reflection of the rest of the law degree. Hell if I based my decision whether or not to continue with law on LAWS1052, I be shooting myself right now. As you progress through your law degree, you will encounter law courses you hate and courses you love. For e.g. I absolutely hated Criminal Laws 1 but I liked Criminal Laws 2 (different focus in each course) or I didn't like Public Law but I like Business Associations.

I also responded in the law thread.

If you really want to drop law, you can do it unofficially by unenrolling out of LAWS1052 now and enrol into another Commerce course. I believe the last day to add courses is this Sunday but you still have like another week or two to drop courses before you have to pay for them. You will need to wait about a year before you can "transfer" out of a degree.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
seriously no need to be rude. that is two options: dropping before census date, and keeping it to try
which is the question I had in the beginning
thanks for your help but don't yell at an already stressed out person.
Capitalisation does not necessarily suggest yelling. It was intended to be an emphasis for you to be noticed.
I think you are the one who was actually being rude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)