transferring into usyd pharmacy (1 Viewer)

fantasia

HSC
basically i'm considering transferring into uysd pharmacy at the end of the year. (i'm currently first year b commerce/ b engineering @ unsw).

Pharmacy actually was one of my preferences last year, but because i thought i wouldnt get the required uai for it, i didnt bother to the STAT test. So i ended up with a UAI of 96.95 last year and should have been able to get into pharm if only i did the STAT test.

So now having completed my first semester of b commerce / engineering at UNSW, its not what i expected and i'm considering the option of transferring to USYD pharm asap, presumably entering first year pharm next year at the earliest.

I should be able to get a accumulated WAM of about 70, and GPA of about 5 for two semesters

so my question is would i still have to do the stat test to transfer into pharmacy, and also when is the stat done and where/when can i apply?

tennille

HSC
I was also contemplating over transferring to pharmacy at the end of this year too (probably won't but just wondering anyway). I currently have a WAM of 70.75, GPA of 5 (bloody MATH1001), I did the STAT last year and got 162 for multiple choice and 149 for written English, and I got a UAI of 95.30...if I maintain that WAM and GPA (or get higher next semester), could I transfer?

kow_dude

HSC
OMGsh fantasia, i was in the exact same situation as you.

I also didn't bother doing the STAT test because i didn't think i would have the UAI to make in pharmacy. And then i ended up doing commerce/engineering at Sydney and was planned to transfer to pharmacy. But instead, i dropped to single degree commerce.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Rememeber after 1 year of uni, they don't look at your UAI any more (from memory)

You probably need a HD average to gurantee a spot in pharmacy, or close to a HD average.

fantasia

HSC
thats interesting, so if i want to transfer into pharmacy they wont look at my UAI anymore?

i thought they look at UAI and GPA, with each giving 50:50 weighting.

tennille

HSC
Survivor39 said:
Rememeber after 1 year of uni, they don't look at your UAI any more (from memory)

You probably need a HD average to gurantee a spot in pharmacy, or close to a HD average.
Haha...I just won't bother. What career opportunities are there besides pharmacy anyway? :p

dafidav

HSC
they dont look at your UAI and uni marks after first year

i confirmed this when i called

they also said to have a good chance of being accepted into pharmacy after 1 full year of study in any other uni course, you will need a distinction average

fantasia

HSC
hmm i see, thats ok then.

so what you're saying is that a person with any degree (even courses with 70-80 UAI) can still apply for pharmacy as long as they're achieving a distinction average or higher?

stupendified

HSC
i reckon just go for it. theyve taken in people with lower marks than yours into pharmacy this year. im pretty sure the trend of decreasing uai required for pharmacy will continue next year as well.

Doomah

HSC

you dont even need a HD average to get into medicine.

from friends who actually have transferred into pharmacy at usyd, a gpa of 5.00 (credit average) will get you in 100% !!!!

even 4.75 and you will still get in, but say 5.00 will DEFINITELY get you in.

oh and the other proviso is that you get 150+ in stat which a monkey can do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)