Transferring into courses with higher cut-off than my own ATAR (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Hypothetically speaking, what uni grades would someone need if they wished to transfer into Engo/Law at UNSW if their ATAR was 99.70?
My bet would be on a distinction average so say a minimum of 75.

cjwkang93

HSC
maths is something im good at...
you left out engineering but meh...
law and commerce is what some people recommend me to do to work as a financial planner/consultant in a high tier firm, and i want to become a financial consultant or maybe wealth management so yeah..
if i truly wanted money i would probably choose to go towards becoming an actuary, stockbroker or work for a hedge fund...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Yuck? Arts students kinda help make uni worthwhile.

maths is something im good at...
you left out engineering but meh...
law and commerce is what some people recommend me to do to work as a financial planner/consultant in a high tier firm, and i want to become a financial consultant or maybe wealth management so yeah..
if i truly wanted money i would probably choose to go towards becoming an actuary, stockbroker or work for a hedge fund...
If you want to be a financial consultant/planner thing... I don't think Law is the degree for you. Consider Comm/Adv Maths, what I'm currently doing.

cjwkang93

HSC
If you want to be a financial consultant/planner thing... I don't think Law is the degree for you. Consider Comm/Adv Maths, what I'm currently doing.
if i have an atar of 94.10, what kind of GPA would i need to transfer into Comm/Adv Maths? i can probably apply for SCATS as well since my family is still going through a lot of problems..

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
m8

arts is where all the attractive women are at

(english is my favourite subject)

if i have an atar of 94.10, what kind of GPA would i need to transfer into Comm/Adv Maths? i can probably apply for SCATS as well since my family is still going through a lot of problems..
Very high. It's an elite degree. Probably as high as possible.

/i have no idea how the gpa system works

cjwkang93

HSC
okay the fact about the chicks are true lol.

i guess imma have to pull off something really high for my GPA... hopefully i get over 6.0

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Hypothetically speaking, what uni grades would someone need if they wished to transfer into Engo/Law at UNSW if their ATAR was 99.70?
I think you could mid-sem transfer through UAC.

acemusic415

HSC
Don't do law out of recommendation. It's a tough course, even for those with passion. Do it because you genuinely want to.

cjwkang93

HSC
Don't do law out of recommendation. It's a tough course, even for those with passion. Do it because you genuinely want to.
mmmmm yeah im considering comm/adv maths or comm/eng now since law isn't something im passionate about but rather what i can become through that pathway, but the fact that i have alternate pathways to do what i want tells me that i dun have to do law :)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Law @ UNSW is minimum 80 WAM also with 48 units of study.

I recommend doing Engineering/Commerce or maybe Advanced Maths/Commerce.

Yeah good choice not doing Med Science and also Law :)

Mary240

HSC
hey so i was wondering if you guys could help me out
Im currently in my 1st yr of a b. of enviro. science and managment at newcastle uni but hate it and want to transfere into b. of medical radiation science either radiation therapy or if i cant get into that nuc. med. (at the same uni). The atar for radiation therapy is a 90+. I was just wondering if anyone could give me a general idea of what kind of marks id need to get this year to have a shot at making it in. I got an 82 atar last yr if that actually counts for anything (86 with regional bonus points for going to a uni thats in my area)
Thanks to anyone that can help! :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Look at your university's internal program transfer page.

Mary240

HSC
Look at your university's internal program transfer page.
I already have and it was of no use hence why im here. I just want an idea of if this is a realistic thing for me to aim for or if i shold look into other courses or other unis with lower cut offs

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, I think the best thing for you to do is ask your uni. They can help you most.

Though, you should aim for maybe... Distinction or high Credit marks to consider transferring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)