Transferring/getting into architecture (1 Viewer)

midnightninja

HSC
So my ATAR was crap. I got mainly in the 70's in my subjects so I was expecting maybe a little higher but whatever. Its practically not usable. I got early entry for UNE to do Criminology (im doing a gap year btw) however now im thinking I want to do something more creative, and im leaning more towards Architecture. Obviously I have a few months to think about this, but if I really did want to do it, how would I go about getting into one of these courses?

I've been told I can do a TAFE course, then apply for B. Architecture at uni, but what are the chances of getting into uni after doing a tafe course? Obviously it depends on my marks but how hard is it going from one to the other?

I've also been told I could transfer courses/universities, i'd say I couldn't go from crim to arch lol, but if I did for example a B. Urban and regional planning at UNE, after a year or so could I transfer to another uni that offers Architecture?

Also, are there any other options I have?

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
Transferring is different for which uni u want to get into. I was in your position and applied to UNSW and USYD so i can tell you how they accept non school leavers. In terms of doing crim, it doesnt matter, i was doing something completely unrelated as well.
Basically usyd takes half of your atar and your uni marks, while unsw will take either the best of your uni marks or atar to take you in. USYD also accepts a portfolio.
With TAFE, you can do something related like CAD drafting and transfer into architecture. I don't know what kind of marks you will need, but as far as I know it doesn't seem that hard as I know a few people who transferred straight from TAFE into architecture.

artist91

HSC
Urban/Town Planning is a good degree to start of in if you plan to transfer over. I know a few people who did this. Also quite a few of the subjects usually tend to cross over.

hamm0ud

HSC
N/A
Have you considered applying for University of Canberra? The cut-off was around 65 or so which is pretty decent.
TAFE is also a really good option, I've got heaps of friends that finished the 2 year architectural technology diploma and got accepted into Architecture at USYD and UNSW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)