• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Transferring from UWS to Macq. (1 Viewer)

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi!!!!!~~!

I am currently studying a Bcom @ uws and my major is accounting.
I would like to transfer to Macq into the Bcom of professional accounting as I moved recently and uws is no longer easy to get to :(

I was just wondering, how do I go about applying through uac to do this? I've looked through the site but I don't really understand where I need to go to apply.

What sort of GPA should I have also? My GPA was 5 last semester, but I'm hoping to improve it to 5.5 or above once this one is over.

I would like to transfer once I've finished all my first year subjects also. I just think it would be easier to complete all my 1st year stuff in 1 place before i change. I haven't finished all my 1st year stuff atm, i still need to do 2 more subjects so this would be like mid 2013 before i would transfer.

Also, if I did apply this year instead of finishing all my first year subjects 1st, would it just be my ATAR, or would they consider my subjects ive done this yr too?

ty all for your help, im so confused!!!!

gwenwiver

HSC
N/A
You need to also check how many of the units you do at UWS will be credited at Macquarie.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh really? Do you know how I'd find out that?
I'd hate for none of them to be credited, a waste of time and money then D:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Either contact someone at Macquarie or see if they have anything on their site. Either way i'd suggest you transfer at start of next year rather than finishing off your first year subjects at UWS - they might not be credited but even if they are they won't be included in your calculation of GPA/you don't get a grade.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Either contact someone at Macquarie or see if they have anything on their site. Either way i'd suggest you transfer at start of next year rather than finishing off your first year subjects at UWS - they might not be credited but even if they are they won't be included in your calculation of GPA/you don't get a grade.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Hi!!!!!~~!

I am currently studying a Bcom @ uws and my major is accounting.
I would like to transfer to Macq into the Bcom of professional accounting as I moved recently and uws is no longer easy to get to :(

I was just wondering, how do I go about applying through uac to do this? I've looked through the site but I don't really understand where I need to go to apply.

What sort of GPA should I have also? My GPA was 5 last semester, but I'm hoping to improve it to 5.5 or above once this one is over.

I would like to transfer once I've finished all my first year subjects also. I just think it would be easier to complete all my 1st year stuff in 1 place before i change. I haven't finished all my 1st year stuff atm, i still need to do 2 more subjects so this would be like mid 2013 before i would transfer.

Also, if I did apply this year instead of finishing all my first year subjects 1st, would it just be my ATAR, or would they consider my subjects ive done this yr too?

ty all for your help, im so confused!!!!
hi.
you've missed the intake for sem 1 2013, but seems you want to transfer in sem 2, 2013. you'll have to wait till UAC opens applications Sem 2 2013.
you should be able to transfer with a credit average, but obviously the higher it is the more competitive you are.
i think they consider a full semester load for GPA, so 4 units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)