transferring from usyd to UTS (1 Viewer)

mook281090

HSC
Hi people,
I have contacted UAC about my dilemma and have so far found UTS completely unresponsive, so I figured I would post here.

Last year I I received a UAI of 98.45. However I had no idea what I wanted to do at uni so I enrolled in Arts at usyd (83.00 cut-off). Almost one semester on and I am realising I definitely cannot continue with this course, and I really should have stuck with my second or third pref, media arts and production/international studies at UTS which had a cut-off of 95.40.

From what I can see on the UTS website, my credit points from arts will not transfer over to UTS so essentially I will be starting over. Given this, I do not really see the point in continuing in arts next semester if my credit points won't transfer as it will be a waste of my time and money.

So, how do I go about transferring to UTS? From what UAC tells me, they will look at my results from this year (meaning I will have to stay here 2nd sem) which seems a little unfair, considering I could have easily gotten into the course in thefirst place.

Has anybody got any genius ideas/ past experience in a similar transfer?

Cheers!

spence

HSC
Hi people,
I have contacted UAC about my dilemma and have so far found UTS completely unresponsive, so I figured I would post here.

Last year I I received a UAI of 98.45. However I had no idea what I wanted to do at uni so I enrolled in Arts at usyd (83.00 cut-off). Almost one semester on and I am realising I definitely cannot continue with this course, and I really should have stuck with my second or third pref, media arts and production/international studies at UTS which had a cut-off of 95.40.

From what I can see on the UTS website, my credit points from arts will not transfer over to UTS so essentially I will be starting over. Given this, I do not really see the point in continuing in arts next semester if my credit points won't transfer as it will be a waste of my time and money.

So, how do I go about transferring to UTS? From what UAC tells me, they will look at my results from this year (meaning I will have to stay here 2nd sem) which seems a little unfair, considering I could have easily gotten into the course in thefirst place.

Has anybody got any genius ideas/ past experience in a similar transfer?

Cheers!
Don't do next semester. If you've done less than a year of full time uni then only your UAI will be considered

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)