Transferring from combined law elsewhere to combined law at UNSW (1 Viewer)

Farcanell

Just out of interest, how possible would it be to do this?

At the moment I'm probably headed for a UAI of between 96-98, meaning I could get into commerce law at UTS or MQ, but not at UNSW which would be my first choice.

How hard are the first-year law units? Is the extra workload managable? Does the workload detract significantly from one's ability to get a distinction GPA?

Thanks

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
UTS law is brutal, cuz the majority of population is trying to transfer into either usyd or unsw law.

if u really value a particular uni, then do like commerce at that particular uni, and then trasfer, apparently internal transfer is a lil bit more flexible and realisable than external ones.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
truly-in-bliss said:
UTS law is brutal, cuz the majority of population is trying to transfer into either usyd or unsw law.

if u really value a particular uni, then do like commerce at that particular uni, and then trasfer, apparently internal transfer is a lil bit more flexible and realisable than external ones.
oops, i should have qualified the situation when i last spoke with you lin... a fair number of the business law kids, not the artslaw kids (coz apparently they really love the communication course :rolleyes:, want to transfer.

no first-year law is not hard. you have just got to be diligent and work throughout the semester, instead of cramming at the end. that's the only advice i've got for you for the HSC and uni.

i disagree with lin on the point about internal transfer, because all applications still go through UAC on the same merits. say for example if you do B.Commerce alone, you'll be taking 8 Faculty of Commerce subjects (48 credit points). Whereas if you B.Business/B.Laws at UTS, the first year you'll be doing 5 Faculty of Business subjects, 2 law subjects (44 credit points). So yeah the tradeoff is less subjects, less credit points, guarantee of undergrad law degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)