transferring eco ---> commerce (new scenrio) =) (1 Viewer)

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
aditya said:
hahaha....

tell me something, the people that get HD level are they like completely hard workers, all they do is study??

aroudn how many people get it in eco/finance?

Ok, maybe u can help me with somethign.....

I wanna become a financial dealer/ investment banker - BADLY

I have no idea which way will "guarantee" me a career in this - (if u guys could just write %'s for likelihood of becoming a finacnial dealer......

1st option - econ/finance - go through with the course and do master in finance :S
2nd option - accounting/finance - i feel its more secure as u can get into the industry through ur accounting, then move into finance later - but I don't think i can get HDs in accounting - cuz i just dunt have a strong interest... unlike econ/finance...
3rd option - bcom - majoring in acturial and finance.... this is the reason i wanan transfer into bcom...
4th option - bcom/law - do you think its a good idea to goto ANU? which i hear as an equivalent degree for UNSW
our guess is as good as yours
just hold your horses, study hard for your trials, and come to the open days that uni's offer and ask lots of questions there

aditya

HSC
Minai said:
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to...I say that in consideration to the UNSW Law cutoffs for non-school leavers, its been 95.80 over the last couple of years..so I cant imagine the commerce cutoff being near that.

Bah, don't go to Usyd, you'll regret it!
WHY ? whats wrong with sydney????

(PS, hows USYD economics compared to UNSWS?)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
aditya said:
WHY ? whats wrong with sydney????

(PS, hows USYD economics compared to UNSWS?)
Let me ask - what do you like about economics right now? (I ask, because Eco is quite different in uni than it is in high school)

USyd economics...if you like the social science side of economics, Usyd is good for that type of degree, but quantitative economics, UNSW would be a better choice because of the rep of the Faculty..it opens wider doors here and in the Asia Pacific region

aditya

HSC
ok well, thanks for the help

I'm over it for now, do all this thinkign wen i get my UAI!!

thanks again (Y)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)