transferring eco ---> commerce (new scenrio) =) (1 Viewer)

aditya

HSC
sorry about the repetition..... a new realisation has occured to me (im not getting 96uai)

I wanna do bcom at UNSW, im thinking if i get around 93.5 uai and i manage a distinction average in beconomics... what do you think my chances are of transferring (assuming ofcourse that beconomics stays the same)....

like to save u trouble, if you could please set out a "minimum" (i know noone can predict, dunt worry i wunt sue u lol), like a minimum uai and a minimum mark

thanks heaps!

Shawny

you have no chance of transferring basically
because sem1 ur just gonna bludge no matter how much of a freakign determination thing u have
sem2 u mite work bit hard
in the end ur wams not gonna be good enough

and tats if u pass

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Shawny said:
you have no chance of transferring basically
because sem1 ur just gonna bludge no matter how much of a freakign determination thing u have
sem2 u mite work bit hard
in the end ur wams not gonna be good enough
also search for threads with the keywords 'accounting going to fail', 'qma is fucking hard' and 'what is a PC?'

*sigh* go shawny u cynic.

aditya: best if you work hard and get a higher UAI to pass first go then have to make up for it thru backdooring.

Last edited:

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
its true
better to get in first go... transferring's not as easy and u mite think

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
dude... 93 uai plus DN ave in econ... more than plenty...
first year econ subjects are very similar to commerce subjects... i think at least 2 outta the 4 are same

crazylilmonkee

HSC
yeah no probs my sis did that and i was plannin to do that too cos i got 94.45 and yeah.. not high enough for comm but seriously.. first year is EXACTLY the same!
my sis got credit ave in eco and got into comm.. shouldnt be a prob

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I think if you're that close to the cutoff, and manage at bare minimum a credit average, then you should be almost guaranteed a transfer..
dunno if this helps, but I had a 2002 UAI of 95.25 and transferred into Commerce with a GPA of 6.0 (distinction average)...(the UAI cutoff this year was 96.00)

Ingsoc

all depends on ur determination m8

shawny and i vowed to xfer into law at the begining of the yr, and atm we're thankful we passed semester 1

aditya

HSC
aw lol...

well yeh, i think i have other reasons that will keep me determined... i woulnt worry about that...

95.25 is pretty high.... i was wondering if u could stillg et in with 93.5? and dist avg :S like if i got 95.25 then i would just go sydney

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
distinction averages arent that easy to come by though

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
aditya said:
aw lol...

well yeh, i think i have other reasons that will keep me determined... i woulnt worry about that...

95.25 is pretty high.... i was wondering if u could stillg et in with 93.5? and dist avg :S like if i got 95.25 then i would just go sydney
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to...I say that in consideration to the UNSW Law cutoffs for non-school leavers, its been 95.80 over the last couple of years..so I cant imagine the commerce cutoff being near that.

Bah, don't go to Usyd, you'll regret it!

Affinity

HSC
Exeter said:
distinction averages arent that easy to come by though
As long as you are an independent learner and choose the right subjects, DN average should not be too hard.

Shawny

do eco/arts
pick as much arts subjects u can
if ur asian and chinese and know chinese
pick 2 chinese subjects, pretend to be anglo-saxon in the language placement test, end up in Chiense beginners
get D-HD easy

then if ur doing economcis right now, do microeconomics, if u like maths do QMA

and u get ur D
and instead of com u do com/law

Shawny

and determination is one thing

its all about realising before week 4 that uni aren't the utopia heaven bludge god of love that its made out to be

its hsc again X 2 per year= 2 times as fast in terms of pace
probably 3/4 of the pressure though, till ur finals and ur staring a fail grade down the barrel and shitting in ur pants coz ur craming so hard and fogot where ur toilet was

Affinity

HSC
microeconomics - easy...
languages - no idea
maths - easy enough.. QMA shouldn't be that hard if you have a solid maths background
accounting - DN isn't hard if you keep up with the pace.

suggestion:
microeconomics, accounting, quantitative methods A or better Math 1151 + a computing course(COMP1081 seems easy... I did 1091)

aditya

HSC
wow.... thats insightful

so leme recap - 94 uai + distinction = BCOMMERCE!!!!
haha, how bout 95.5uai + high distinction avg = Bcommerce/law!!!!???? (i'm being serious)

before u go "hu does this fag think he is, thinking hes getting a HD and can only get a uai of 95!!"

The reason i believe i have a chance of getting HD is becuase its first year, so it isnt AS cahllenging as further years - I have a STRONG interest in economics + ability, also I've done cert 2 in accounting at tafe - so i got the first couple of months covered, so there's some relief and maybe the first few tests can put up my average... :S

I know i sound like a fag to you, ur prolly feeling that u shouldnt even reply to this - but.. please do :) if you wisht o insult... lol

thanks in advance

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
aditya said:
so leme recap - 94 uai + distinction = BCOMMERCE!!!!
haha, how bout 95.5uai + high distinction avg = Bcommerce/law!!!!???? (i'm being serious)
those combinations sound right, but its not always correct
what happens is, if there is 10 spots for law transfers, they take the top 10 ppl that apply
so even if u got 99 uai and a 85 avg, if 10 other ppl got 99.1 uai and a 85+ avg, you wouldnt get in

hk31

HSC
keep in mind that assessments are marked harder in uni than in high school....

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
i'm sorry to be blunt, but if you can't get the UAI for the course it is not very likely that you will be getting a HD average let alone a D average
because if you can't be motivated enough to be studying at school, you are not going to be doing any better at uni
it is better to get in first time then be stuck in something which you don't like

aditya

HSC
hahaha....

tell me something, the people that get HD level are they like completely hard workers, all they do is study??

aroudn how many people get it in eco/finance?

Ok, maybe u can help me with somethign.....

I wanna become a financial dealer/ investment banker - BADLY

I have no idea which way will "guarantee" me a career in this - (if u guys could just write %'s for likelihood of becoming a finacnial dealer......

1st option - econ/finance - go through with the course and do master in finance :S
2nd option - accounting/finance - i feel its more secure as u can get into the industry through ur accounting, then move into finance later - but I don't think i can get HDs in accounting - cuz i just dunt have a strong interest... unlike econ/finance...
3rd option - bcom - majoring in acturial and finance.... this is the reason i wanan transfer into bcom...
4th option - bcom/law - do you think its a good idea to goto ANU? which i hear as an equivalent degree for UNSW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)