Transferring courses (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey, i was just wondering if i wanted to do a B Commerce./B Economics at UNSW, however since my ATAR is about 6-7 points lower so I probably won't make it. What are my chances of getting in via transferring from doing a B Economics into that course.

thanks a lot.

FuJu

HSC
Quite good. If you can maintain a distinction average over your first year I can't see that you'd have any major difficulty applying for an internal transfer. I believe they consider a combination your WAM (weighted average mark) and your ATAR when deciding whether to permit the transfer. At least that's what they did when I transferred to UNSW after at year at Newcastle, anyway. It might be an idea to contact student central and ask directly, though.

The six compulsory core courses for B Economics (ACCT1501, ECON1101, ECON1102, ECON1202, ECON1203 and ECON1401) are also core courses for BCom/BEc so they'd transfer straight over. It would also pay to take MGMT1001 in your first year so you'd get credit for that as well (as it's a core for BCom/BEc). Then I suggest you take one of ACCT1151, FINS1613, INFS1602, LEGT1710, or MARK1012 so that every course you take in first year would be credited as a core course for BCom/BEc.

This way, as long as you get the required marks to succeed in a transfer, you wouldn't be behind at all in terms of time or money had you simply jumped straight into BCom/BEc.

kent

HSC
not that hard. i crammed everything this year and successfully transferred.

whoisurdaddy

HSC
I see, well how hard is it to get a 75 WAM/distinction average?
Depends. I got >75 WAM first year without a lot of studying (probably around 30% of the effort used in HSC). But I know quite a few people who studied about as hard as me who didnt did too well (like <60 WAM), so I wouldn't say its a breeze but I'm pretty sure anyone could get 75+ WAM if they REALLY wanted to except in 1st year uni everyone like doesnt give a shit lol..

FruFru

HSC
What about arts?
Is it hard to get a >75WAM in arts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)