• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Transfering into Law (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

sikeveo said:
Rob, that's incorrect. I have asked UNSW and they wont consider EAS, if you are applying for a transfer.
Sorry, I should have justified.

I'm not sure about the internal transfer (each uni has different methods), but external transfer will. I know that for a fact. UAC's application for transfer include the EAS. There may be rare exceptions, said the lady on the phone, but for the most part they include the extra marks.

Edit: Actually, most people apply for UNSW law transfers externally (according to law friend who says that most law transfers go to external transferees), so I really didn't need to justify anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Can you show me anything that backs that up? Because I was told :

You are probably aware that ACCESS is a scheme for high school students
only. Therefore if you are unsuccessful for entry in 2006, you will need
to compete with non-ACCESS students for entry in 2007.

X

xeuyrawp

sikeveo said:
Can you show me anything that backs that up? Because I was told :
I haven't got an email or a link, although I could always look.

You may have noticed that uni websites are always devoid of transfer information.

The only reason I know this is because my stepsister, who got 96, got EAS and got into UTS BA (Communication [Journalism]) / LLB, and wanted to transfer to UNSW BA / LLB.

She said that it was impossible to get info, so I rang up for her.

The academic advisor for UNSW law said that EAS does count if you apply externally. I should have asked him the exact internal:external ratio, but my UNSW friend said that the majority of law transfers come externally.

If you're really zealous, I'm sure I could dig up his phone number.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Hmm dont worry, im not planning on transferring to law, but med. EAS doesn't count for transfers into UNSW Medicine :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)