transfer second year into Law at ANU (1 Viewer)

kayla220

HSC
Hi
guys I am new here so sorry If I am posting in the wrong section.
Okay so In 2010 I completed my HSC and obtained a poor atar of only 70 anyhow I was given principals rec and was accepted to study a Bachelor of criminology/ Bachelor of law at uni ( cut of was 85ish). I have now completed 1 semester with a GPA of 5 and am about to complete my second semester and will probably be able to maintain or improve my GPA.
I really want to transfer to a law course at ANU as a a second year student next year and want to know if I even have a change with my marks. Also If i get an GPA of 6 will this improve my chances or is it still not possible because of my low atar.
also i guess I should state how I got the 5 , well i got one HD, two P and one c
thanks for any advice

also i applied for maq which one if any do I have a better chance of getting into

Politic

HSC
N/A
Hi
guys I am new here so sorry If I am posting in the wrong section.
Okay so In 2010 I completed my HSC and obtained a poor atar of only 70 anyhow I was given principals rec and was accepted to study a Bachelor of criminology/ Bachelor of law at uni ( cut of was 85ish). I have now completed 1 semester with a GPA of 5 and am about to complete my second semester and will probably be able to maintain or improve my GPA.
I really want to transfer to a law course at ANU as a a second year student next year and want to know if I even have a change with my marks. Also If i get an GPA of 6 will this improve my chances or is it still not possible because of my low atar.
also i guess I should state how I got the 5 , well i got one HD, two P and one c
thanks for any advice

also i applied for maq which one if any do I have a better chance of getting into
I would like to know too. Anyone?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Transferring into Law is very competitive. Uni results have much more weight than ATARs, but I'd say you'll want to bump up your GPA a bit before applying.

HighAchiever

HSC
I think you might have a better chance in Maquarie. I completed my VCE in 2010 as well and got past 96. However, ANU wasn't even in my system then and thus I went for Melbourne Uni Arts. I finished with a H2A average in first year Politics and managed a successful transfer to ANU for Arts/Law. From my knowledge, you will have to get a H1 average or equivalent (to make up for your HSC ATAR) if you want to be competitive in your transfer to ANU. Good Luck nonetheless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)