Transfer question (1 Viewer)

allstarr69

hi there. Just a quick question.
MY UAI was 93.5 and my GPA (for 1 full time year study) is 5.31. What do you reckon my chances are of getting into engineering / commerce at usyd?
Not good aye....

Last edited by a moderator:

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Approximate rank = ~93
UAI requirement = ~94

Depends on places available and demand. (+ other entry requirements such as statements / stat ).

allstarr69

damn!! that means ill be awefully close!! my rank is approx 92 then. GRrrrrrrrrrrr
IS there anything you can do.. if you just misss out??? Can like the Dean or anyone let you in internally if you present a case to em?

X

xeuyrawp

Allstarrr said:
damn!! that means ill be awefully close!! my rank is approx 92 then. GRrrrrrrrrrrr
IS there anything you can do.. if you just misss out??? Can like the Dean or anyone let you in internally if you present a case to em?
You could always try to get some relevant work experience and pump up your resume... Although, some unis definitively ignore resumes/work experience.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Allstarrr said:
Rank is NOT, I repeat NOT equivalent to UAI.

Example:

There are 5 places available for Non-recent School Leavers/Mature Age Students. HOwever only one person applies through UAC. If you have a rank of 80 or something considered REASONABLE, then you get in. HOwever if 5 people with higher ranks apply then they have higer precedence.

allstarr69

hmmm...

by the rank of 92 i meant... they take half of your full time uni and convert it into a UAI equivalent from your GPA (which for me is 5.31) and the other half is your UAI.

So basically what your saying is (due to unknown demand by for transfers) theres no way to really know what mark will actually get me in... although its usually lower than the actual UAI. right?

Well in that case I should be really close...

although a question ive been wonding, which probably has nothing to do with whether Ill get in or not is if the UAI for engineering / commerce at Usyd will be as low or lower for this coming year. for last years UAI it was 93.6 but used to be alot higher... like 95+. In fact last year, all the courses seemed to have dropped in UAI's. Will the trend be likely to continue, or was last year just an unusual year with lower demands... and this year eng commece will LIEKLY be back to 95+ ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)