Transfer Q's (1 Viewer)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
This is probably a really dumb question with a really obvious answer but can 2nd year students apply for a transfer through uac? As in to begin the course next year?
What do they take into consideration and do you apply just like current hscers?

deviation

HSC
how do you calculate the GPA ageN?

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
too lazy: B.Com @ UNSW takes the higher of UAI or 1st year GPA for transfers

dazed: yes, they take your UAI and tertiary results usually

deviation: check frigid's thread titled "On the topic of transfers"

Demandred

HSC
I've just read the PDF from the SCU site. So a GPA of 6.0 in your first year amounts to an equivalent of 98.5 UAI? If so, then a pass of 4.0 is equivalent to a UAI of 80, does anyone else find this... odd?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Demandred said:
I've just read the PDF from the SCU site. So a GPA of 6.0 in your first year amounts to an equivalent of 98.5 UAI? If so, then a pass of 4.0 is equivalent to a UAI of 80, does anyone else find this... odd?
No, because that is only used towards half your Non-Recent School Leaver's rank. The other half comes from your UAI.

If you got a UAI of 95, getting all passes would obliterate your rank down to 87.5.

ace

is retired
HSC
Demandred said:
More infomration is needed when you make that statement.

I think you looked on the right hand side of the table, that is after completing 2-3 yrs in university.

since gpa of 6.0 after first year, only comes to 96 not 98.5

note the reason why the right hand side has higher figures than the left hand side has something to do with recognising of how your degree probably gets harder later on, or just simply put, how far you have progressed through extra studies (uni)

Last edited:

Jack_11

HSC
Assuming I get a transfer, would I have to go to the uni sometime before the start of semester, in person, to complete all the admin tasks? I want to know as I'm planning to go on vacation from January to just before uni begins.
Also, will there be any documents that I will need to get?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Jack_11 said:
Assuming I get a transfer, would I have to go to the uni sometime before the start of semester, in person, to complete all the admin tasks? I want to know as I'm planning to go on vacation from January to just before uni begins.
Also, will there be any documents that I will need to get?
Where are you transferring to?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Jack_11 said:
UNSW or Usyd.
UNSW is completely online (enrolment etc)
But I think USyd, you have to enrol in person

Jack_11

HSC
Minai said:
UNSW is completely online (enrolment etc)
But I think USyd, you have to enrol in person
But what if i wanted to get credit for the subjects I did this year? Surely they'll force me to go there (with my academic transcript) for a day in Feb, even if UNSW is completely online enrolment. Or is there a way around it?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm sure its an automatic process (ie previous uni's results are delivered to new uni via UAC), but I could be wrong.

Jack_11

HSC
Thanks guys...nice to know that I can go on holidays without wondering if I have to make it back for enrollment days.
Another question just popped up...are the preferencing methods identical to the ones used in the yr 12 applications to UAC? As in, there wouldn't be any disadvantages of putting a particular course lower in the list?

dum_di_dum

Gladiator
HSC
I know geneds arent supposed to be done until at second or third year for UNSW B Com, but if im doing B Com/B Arts and wanted to drop the arts degree after the first year, could I count those arts courses as my "geneds" UOC for the 3 yr program (12), or would I have to overload or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)