transfer into unsw law (1 Viewer)

AlexizzlyFizzly

HSC
But Alex, after seeing what you encountered, farrrrrkk. >.<
I'm feeling empathically disappointed, HAHA =.=
No hope arrrghhh.
yea it was a major bummer coz i was at unsw first year, and not only did i meet the requirements for unsw transfer, even UTS rejected me.

when they offered bus/law to people who;
1. deferred with 94uai alone
2. got my exact uai, exact course as me at same uni, except FAILED 2 subjects
3. d average doing business @ uws and 84 uai

i was more surprised than anything else.
they must have lost my application or something

AlexizzlyFizzly

HSC
my advice is talk to the head of faculty and if u still fail via uac write them a letter or something (something i didnt do because i was too busy working fulltime in the summer)

d'oh.

sapna1988

HSC
The UNSW website said u will require a uai of 97 and distinction average, so does this mean that as long as your uai is over 97 and u have a distinction average in 1st year, u will make it in?? or are there more to it than this
Nah i dont think so, i know a friend that was 98.9 and a 74 average and didnt make it in. It's about how well you do compared to others. It is just a rough guide.

Justina

HSC
Sorry to bring this thread back to life, but I've applied to transfer into Comm/Law and i'm pretty sure I don't fit the requirements (Credit average + UAI around 95). Although I really do believe that I can do well in Law - it was bloody QMB/QMA/ECON that screwed me over and they're all pretty different from law (which is theory based - stuff I'm actually good at).

Do you guys think it'd make a difference if I write to the head of the faculty and explain why I think I can do law?

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
^There is no harm in trying;), if you do, also tell him that QMA's fail rate is 30%!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)