Transfer into Commerce? (1 Viewer)

itachi-kun

HSC
Mid year offers released, I was offered

http://www.uac.edu.au/mya/courses/unsw/425014.html

I actually want to do B Comm/Comp Sci however it wasn't offered during mid year admissions. From the 5 degrees there which is best to accept in attempt to transfer into Comm/Comp Sci and also with a safe side of being stuck in it. Was wondering if it was possible to drop one of the degree as you can see its a combined degree course. I Actually had the preference listed wrong =S so dumb of me didnt expect my first pref not to be offered =p but ohwell, I would had chosen Comp Sci or Comp Engo alone not double but maybe I could drop one of them if I picked Engo/Comp Sci?.

Regarding Commerce could I do internal transfer or do I have to apply through UAC again?

ace

is retired
HSC
itachi-kun said:
Mid year offers released, I was offered

http://www.uac.edu.au/mya/courses/unsw/425014.html

I actually want to do B Comm/Comp Sci however it wasn't offered during mid year admissions. From the 5 degrees there which is best to accept in attempt to transfer into Comm/Comp Sci and also with a safe side of being stuck in it. Was wondering if it was possible to drop one of the degree as you can see its a combined degree course. I Actually had the preference listed wrong =S so dumb of me didnt expect my first pref not to be offered =p but ohwell, I would had chosen Comp Sci or Comp Engo alone not double but maybe I could drop one of them if I picked Engo/Comp Sci?.

Regarding Commerce could I do internal transfer or do I have to apply through UAC again?
You have to apply through UAC again. Also as Commerce UAI is higher (than Engineering or Comp Sci) at the end of this year (if you choose to enrol alreadly), seeing as you'd have less than 1 academic (Uni) year, your UAI would be used entirely.

Good luck in whatever you choose.

itachi-kun

HSC
I have 1 FTE of nursing but I don't think that will get me into comm anyway and 0.5 FTE Maths/Comp which won't be used due to only being 0.5. I might just do Comp Science for 3 semester and wait till 2010 admissions but what gpa must I be on to be competitive enough.

ace

is retired
HSC
itachi-kun said:
I have 1 FTE of nursing but I don't think that will get me into comm anyway and 0.5 FTE Maths/Comp which won't be used due to only being 0.5. I might just do Comp Science for 3 semester and wait till 2010 admissions but what gpa must I be on to be competitive enough.
Depends on what your UAI was and how they construct your GPA. Since you've dabbled in a few degrees to date, i'm unsure if they just take that as a collective bunch and create your GPA or not.

Though by 2010, you might have changed your mind about commerce. As a suggestion, you could pick a different university (with a lower entry criteria) and do commmerce now than having to wait 2 years.

itachi-kun

HSC
GPA would be worked out using applicants most recent studies. If I don't commerce its not too bad, i'll just minor in marketing as IT is my primary future career. Not going to bother changing institutions again. Thanks for the reply though cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)