Transfer from UWS (1 Viewer)

Linda N

HSC
N/A
I'm kind of vague about transferring unis from UWS to other uni like UNSW or USyd.

Has a majority of UWS applicants have transfer to a different uni studying in the same course like for e.g Bachelor of Economics in the past?

Just wanna see the percentage of transferring.

GTR

HSC
People have been saying that other universities do not allow transfers if you are close to graduating. I have a friend who tried to transfer to UNSW in her fourth year, wanting to finish her combined degree at UNSW. All you need to know is that she failed to do so, despite her high GPA status. If you want to transfer, do it around the halfway mark of your degree.

GTR

HSC
It might only apply to Law, as i don't know any other people who have attempted to transfer so close to their last year.

When you think about it, the system does safeguard the university (UWS), in that its students don't end up doing the bulk of their course at UWS, and then defecting to another university when they have a GPA of six. This would ultimately be a waste of UWS resources (not trying to implicate you, Natstar), and the number of graduates coming out of UWS will decrease dramatically.

Other university's will think twice before putting themselves on the receiving end of late transfer students. Administration will be an painful process, as the university that accepts your transfer is required to sort out aspects like academic credit. This process itself is complicated enough due to different subject requirements at every university. Contrary to popular belief, every university has different pre-requisites and very unique subject requirements. A good example is UNSW, which seems to spread Torts Law over the period of two semesters, whilst UWS only does one semester of Torts Law, and leaves the subject Mass Torts as an elective for later years. In other words, universities will have to gather the curriculum information from the parent university, and cross check it with its own subject curriculum to make sure that you are worthy of full academic credit.

Shen86d

HSC
Hmm

yeh, i was thinking of the same question.. what are the chances or odds of a successful transfer from UWS (hawkesbury) into UNSW or USYD (B. arts or science or something low in demand?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)