• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Transfer from B. Interior Arch to B. Arch (1 Viewer)

hamm0ud

HSC
N/A
Hey, I'm not sure if this is in the right section, but I hope it is haha.
My ATAR fell well short of the cutoff for architecture, so I'm looking for different ways to get in. Is it possible to transfer after first year interior architecture to second year architecture?
If not, what's the best option for transferring into architecture? And is there any way that I won't have to start from first year? Architectural computing seems to have more in common (in terms of first year subjects) with architecture, but for some reason, a few people at the uni said interior architecture is better if you want to transfer.
Can anyone shed some light? I'm really confused.
Thanks in advance. :)

hamm0ud

HSC
N/A
Thanks for replying. I had computing as my first pref but then changed it to interior last minute, based on the info I received. After being offered interior, I started to have second thoughts. I think the best thing to do now is actually visit the uni and ask somebody who really knows what they're talking about.

dotcomgirl

HSC
At UNSW, the courses have changed so that Interior Architecture will be the best option for transfering into Architecture.

It also has a lot of basic knowledge that will help you get into Architecture as well, whereas the Computing course will not run in parallel to the Architectural Studies degree.

Stick with Interior Architecture and Goodluck transfering!

paulpang22288

HSC
With BIA, get an average WAM of C+ or more (anywhere around 72+) and apply for transfer, then you'll get in to BArchSt. No time lost except you might have to do one extra Architectural History subject, which should not be too hard.

Also people who have a background in Interior Architecture do well "aesthetically" in the design studios relative to those who started off with Architectural Studies. At least that was what happened in my year.

Have fun, and enjoy! (Although I hated Architecture. Artsy stuff ain't my cup of tea)

Paul

hamm0ud

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the advice! Heeps helpful, appreciate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)