transfer between unis (1 Viewer)

starlyte

ok...i got to mac but the course that i wanna do is in usyd. would it be worth transferring between unis? or does the qualification end up being the same? and even if i should transfer, how do i do it??? damn i sure sound like a ditzy dumbass, bah. pls answer me!

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Depends wot course ur doing @ MQ.

If your doing business/commerce, i dont think there's that much diff between Mac & Usyd.

Law is more 'prestigous' @ USyd, but probly hell to transfer to.

For Science, IT, etc, i dunno. :p

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
follow this guide and you'll be right:-

Laws - UNSW, USYD, UTS
Commerce/Business/Economics - UNSW,UMAC,USYD
IT/Computing/Computer Science/Engineering - UTS
Drama/Performance/Property - UWS
Teaching/Education - ACU, USYD, UWS
Science/Health Science/Nursing - USYD
and all other courses such as Arts, Architecture etc etc who gives a cow.... !!!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I don't for two reasons. One is the accuracy of the information given - as far as we know it's based solely on his opinion of the unis. The second is for the lack of justification. He hasn't given ANYTHING to support what he's said except "do this".

He may or may not be right, though I am leaning to the "not right" simply because he's completely ignored the underlying complexities of the issues at hand.

I don't have anything against him as an individual, I'm just sick of people oversimplifying what they tell people to the detriment of other members.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
da truth is da truth
i dont haf time to pull out all des references and information to support my claims, but the general guide is to some extent the truth.
u can follow it
or u can spit on it
up to you mate
hahahaha :p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The post above is more reason not to listen to anything you say. You "don't have time" to support your advice, expecting us merely to trust your judgement? I think not. Judging from your record I wouldn't trust you if you told me to breath in the forest.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Comments withdrawn - it's not worth the argument.

I'm going to sleep too, good night everyone.

NB: For Arts you'd do well to look at USyd, they have the best reputation (and most subjects) as well as a highly developed faculty. Architecture at UNSW is highly respected for its staff and graduate achievements, as well as links to industry and research (similar to the way UTS is considered the best in all computing-related courses).

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
lolz... someone's hafin some fwndly uhm... disagreement ova thigns again... =p blehz

starlyte

Originally posted by Lexicographer
Comments withdrawn - it's not worth the argument.

I'm going to sleep too, good night everyone.

NB: For Arts you'd do well to look at USyd, they have the best reputation (and most subjects) as well as a highly developed faculty. Architecture at UNSW is highly respected for its staff and graduate achievements, as well as links to industry and research (similar to the way UTS is considered the best in all computing-related courses).
thanks. ummmmm but no one seems to have told me if they WOULD take me from mac. like ive heard that theyr snooty to other unis...

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
The post above is more reason not to listen to anything you say. You "don't have time" to support your advice, expecting us merely to trust your judgement? I think not. Judging from your record I wouldn't trust you if you told me to breath in the forest.

and where is ur justification or evidence on these claims? :confused:

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by starlyte
ok...i got to mac but the course that i wanna do is in usyd. would it be worth transferring between unis? or does the qualification end up being the same? and even if i should transfer, how do i do it??? damn i sure sound like a ditzy dumbass, bah. pls answer me!
tell us the course ur doing now and the preferred course...also include their 2003 cutoffs......then we would be able to give u information.

starlyte

ummm well Im doing BA(media and cultural studies) and wanna go to eitherr usyd BA(Media and communications) or uts vis com, but ive realised that usyd is out of the pic coz it had v. high uai last yr and also its even more competitive for transfer students, so....i dunno :(
oh the uai was 98 last yr

dead prez

i'm in (almost exactly) the same position as you

media at syd is good cos you get a large option of arts

but really...uts is probably the most interesting place to do media

i wanna transfer to bcomm (media and production) + law or plain media at uts...
OR
arts (media and comm) at usyd

i'm currently doing media law at mac

if you find out the NRSL marks for any of these post em please!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by dead prez
if you find out the NRSL marks for any of these post em please!
its best to enquire at the appropriate uni's admissions office or equivalent, as these cutoffs aren't published

starlyte

Originally posted by dead prez

but really...uts is probably the most interesting place to do media

yeh. but the buildings freak me out. dont ask me why, but theres this creepy someone behind you feeling there...anyway, other than that, i would prob try to get to uts...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)