Transaction Processing Systems (1 Viewer)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Thoughts here.
Gave a very vague definition of data validation due to my short term memory.
I spoke of off-site and on-site backup as my methods of avoiding the loss of the data in the database file.

Unwant3d

It's A Boy !!
HSC
data validation.
oh dear i started talking about data integrity. but quickly realised =D

this section was so general tho. it was good ^^

LatK7

HSC
Thought it was quite easy. Except i disliked the PIN collecting and processing bit.

2/4 i think :(

HSC
Forbidden. said:
Thoughts here.
Gave a very vague definition of data validation due to my short term memory.
I spoke of off-site and on-site backup as my methods of avoiding the loss of the data in the database file.
For that question, I talked about the need to backup the data using a grandfather-father-son method or alternatively with incremental partial backups.
Then I said that these backups need to be stored in a fire-proof place on site, and off-site as well.

In regards to data validation, I said that it is checking input at the data entry stage, to ensure it is valid. For examples of validation I said the following:
- Type checks
- Range checks
- Comparing with other data / expected results

And I also mentioned that clear instructions must be stated on all input forms, to minimise user data entry errors.

Beege

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
For that question, I talked about the need to backup the data using a grandfather-father-son method or alternatively with incremental partial backups.
Then I said that these backups need to be stored in a fire-proof place on site, and off-site as well.

In regards to data validation, I said that it is checking input at the data entry stage, to ensure it is valid. For examples of validation I said the following:
- Type checks
- Range checks
- Comparing with other data / expected results

And I also mentioned that clear instructions must be stated on all input forms, to minimise user data entry errors.
I only said one form of data validation, it only said 'give an example' I interpreted it as 1. By the way I mentioned list checking.

Last edited:

LatK7

HSC
Yeah, i mentioned as examples for data validation, input masks, list boxes, radio buttons, etc.

HSC
Beege said:
I only said one form of data validation, it only said 'give an example' I interpreted it as 1. By the way I mentioned list checking.
True, but it doesn't hurt to state a few, in case one example fails, or just to show off :D

titaned

HSC
I enjoyed it, should get all correct,
Anyone wanna post what they put for "data control"
not sure if its right but i put logon logoff procedures, levels of access, security and encryption to ensure data accuracy remains high but restricting people from manipulating data :S

HSC
titaned said:
Anyone wanna post what they put for "data control"
not sure if its right but i put logon logoff procedures, levels of access, security and encryption to ensure data accuracy remains high but restricting people from manipulating data :S
Which question and part is this?

titaned

HSC
Question 25 c) (6 Marks)
The smart card system is intended to manage health data for approximately one million people. Challenges exist for creating, updating and maintaining high quality data.
Discuss this smart card proposal with regart to:
* Data integrity, including data accuracy
* Data Control

HSC
titaned said:
Question 25 c) (6 Marks)
The smart card system is intended to manage health data for approximately one million people. Challenges exist for creating, updating and maintaining high quality data.
Discuss this smart card proposal with regart to:
* Data integrity, including data accuracy
* Data Control
Yep. I wrote like 3 page for that lol.

For data control, I put (in greater detail than I will list here):

- Passwords for doctors, with different levels of access, eg. diff for doctors and nurses.
- Data must be locked in a secure datacenter
- At the datacenter, software firewalls and numerous levels of hardware firewalls should be employed
- Guards should be stationed to monitor the datacenter at all times
- Closed Circuit Monitoring in datacenter
- Backups should be kept in a backup facility, also secure, in fire-proof room
- Confidential data like passwords and people's private details should be encrypted with two way encryption and one way encryption where appropriate, eg. passwords
- Strict guidelines on whom is allowed to access the data

And I also thoroughly discussed the implications of storing such a large amount of such important data and the problems which could arise.

UsurpingBean

HSC
With data validation I put range, list, type check and check digit but I thought they were just methods of data validation so I included an example of range check in operation e.g person enter wrong data such as , it does not allow this because of
Did we not have to do that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)