Votes: 3 8.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 74.3%

• Total voters

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Ok who has been booked and who hasnt?

The reason for this thread being a chat with some police officers last night...

It turns out that they were following me for about 2km down some backstreets (60km/h limit my aprox average speed 120km/h) which included two roundabouts which I hit at ~80km/h and was stepping out around, almost cleaned up a cyclist (no helmet, no lights and no looking as they went through a roundabout) and then probably the absolute worst part was after all this me squeeling off the lights literally in front of them.

Lesson at night anything with headlights is a potential police car.

The plus is that they weren't highway patrol and the guys were pretty reasonable - first traffic infringement so I got a neg driving caution and a warning that if he saw me fanging the volvo like that again he'd throw everything at me. It seems there are now some considerable disadvantages to a car as obvious as an orange volvo.

So who else has any stories?

SlipStream

HSC
Nah never been pulled over before. I've lost count of how many 'close calls' I've had though. I'm a rare breed of P-Plater - I know when it's the right time and place to do the wrong thing. :D

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
lol once i was sitting at some lights, turning right. the light went greent o go straight, but red arrow to go right, but i thought it was green for everything, and just wait for a gap in oncoming traffic. The coppers were right behind me so i was freaking... and i saw teh red arrow halfway through the intersection. i pulled over myself, before the cop even came out with their lights on. i cried. :(. they asked me where i was headed, and i managed to mutter out "mcdonalds" which was about 50 metres up the road, so i pointed to it. the nthe ridiculousness of the situation hit me and i cracked up laughing. coz i was crying at the same time, it looked like i was insane. i was in hysterics. HHHHHAHAHAHA WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOO BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAHAHAHAHA". the cops laughed at me, and just warned me, then drove away

another time i got pulled over coz one of my headlights had blown. i just got a lecture on getting it fixed ASAP.

blah

HSC
People who drive like idiots usually need to experience a shock before they realise their mistake, whether it be an accident, or a large traffic fine.

I knew this guy who always drove 140 KM/H around 50 KM/H streets, and he was pulled over by a detective and given a warning.. but he continued.. So he copped a great fine the next time.

I never drive like an idiot or deliberately break the law.. mainly because i dont like being at fault if something goes wrong.. not because it's necessarily against the law.

I'm a massive goody goody.

HSC
i once got told to move away from a 'no parking' area :eek:

and i always speed at this particular bridge (roseville bridge if anyone knows) but there are never any police patrolling that area. i once went all the way up to 110km. like whoa.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Well this is the first time I've been pulled over and I'm about six months from being on a full licence so I think that I've done pretty well.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
ive never been pulled over or issued a fine [ taps wood] but ive come close a few times... i admit i break the law, ive ran some red lights [ only just red] sometimes and it caught up with me once when it was a red light camera, but i didnt end up getting fined even tho i full on lost sleep over it cause it was double demerits and i woulda lost license from it.

i also speed occaisonally, nothing rediculous, just like, you know those main roads that are dead straight yet still a 50 zone? i do like 60 on them... and like iam only supposed to do 90, but in a 110 zone i do 110... little things like that

ive been a dickhead sometimes, when i was fresh off my L's, like seeing how fast i could go on a curvy 50 zone street [ was around 125kph, was at night in resedential] and seeing how fast i can take off, a few illegal overtakings when iam pissed off at a slow driver infront, things like that
for some reason i went through a period of about 6 months when i saw the cops [ and being a red P, they followed me whenever they saw me = obviously bored] and it freaked me out, so from then on ive been pretty good. they tend to pop up just as ive done something illegal, or just as iam about to like u know when u r full gunning it, foot on floor acceleration and your at like 45, and rising, with no intention of slowing down atleast till like 70, and in a 50 zone then u see a cop turn the corner? yeh ive learnt to hit the breaks and slow my acceleration down to 50 real fast.
or just after ive been speeding, and i slow down for a corner[luckily down the the right speed] and a radar is around that corner

ive had some big scares alright

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i would never speed or do anything that risks my licence. i love it too much. Plus, speeding is just risking your life. i love my life too. speed limits are there for a reason, they're the safest maximum speed you can go, so why risk it? i hate lunatic drivers. it especially pisses me off when you're doing like, 70 in a 70 zone, and some redneck zooms past you at soem ridiculous speed, only to casually pull up next to them at a set of lights. now where did that get them?! absolutely no where and they used more petrol than they needed too!!! IDIOTS

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I've lost points for usage of a mobile phone while driving and also for not wearing plates. Other than that my record is fairly tidy with no speeding or actual driving infringements (I was idling at a trainstation drop off point and ringing my friend to see how long he was going to be).

Not bad for someone who knocks up 400km a week with ease.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Haven't been booked and I don't want to be, as I'm on my L's and it's basically sudden death for any offence committed at all.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Riviet said:
Haven't been booked and I don't want to be, as I'm on my L's and it's basically sudden death for any offence committed at all.
I also haven't been booked\fined or committed a traffic infringement and wouldn't want to at the risk of losing my licence (Red P's). Riviet are you eligible for taking the DART test?

Also remember not to let anyone pressure you into taking it. Although my parents and instructor where the deciding factor in when I took the test and passed first time just from hearing other peoples experiences pressure is not always a good thing.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
lol people who are on their L's at 17 and 18 are such losers. Sif you wouldnt go for em as soon as you're of age

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Kid.@dmin said:
Riviet are you eligible for taking the DART test?
Not yet, I still need to do my minimum of 50 hrs before I can go apply for it.

7th Sign

HSC
Nah I have never got a fine of the police for bad driving or a infringement..

soo many times I have been in close calls but...I was doing 120 in a 100 zone and a patrol car cruised passed and then I full jumped down in speed...

I have been pulled over and warned a few times...had cops look at my rims and other shit for defects...

I have been fined over $600 for other police infingements but :( not any thing to be happy about

liquimalish

Liquid Malisha- HOLLA
HSC
Lost mine for no p plates on double demerits, cop was a f'n noob as if i would purposely do that, fact of the matter i'de driven 5 hours straight and there's no easy way to put a p plate on the outside of a ute (comm) $160
And coming back from camping in the middle of nowhere down a dirt road was just drifting around and a copper heading out to a farm spotted me from miles away. $140
I never break the law speeding though, thats bad!

Jess-a_belle

HSC
ive never had a fine or anything. just RBTs. but unfortunately, as the rest of the car-loving community will sympathise, having a bf with a bright pink car, with bright blue interior, and custom plates, makes for some very fun times when driving around town. coppers like to point and then pull over. once he even had a guy pull him over "so he could look at the paint"... hmm.

davo_

good kid
HSC
Booked speeding 15-30km twice in different situations... Once driving on the outskirts of a tiny town with 50 zone, and the other time on the open road... Now I'm pretty cautious in both situations - especially the small towns... Only reason I even still have a licence is because I changed from NSW to ACT (go to uni there) licence in between the offences - which gave me a new compliment of points. And you're never going to get booked in ACT...

transcendent

HSC
N/A
cops will pull you over for the stupidest reasons. just know when to conform and when to break the law.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)