Trade Unions (1 Viewer)

mitchh81

HSC
to an an extent not as they could before the centralized wage system,
when the workplace relations act was brought in by the Howard government, it removed the power of the AIRC and trade unions
through placing greater emphasize on individual agreements ( enterprise bargaining) removing the role played by trade unions in the determination of collective agreements
they still represent employee interests, but do not have as much say under a decentralized wage system

does that make sense?

Lis020393

HSC
I might be wrong but I though trade unions represented a group of employees against employers in enterprise agreements in the wage determination system? Because I think only common law contract are individual negotiations between employers and employees but enterprise agreements are negotiations between trade unions who represent a group of employees and employers?
Do trade unions also play a role in the conciliation or arbitration process or is that just tribunals? Sorry I couldn't be of more help

rawrence

HSC
I might be wrong but I though trade unions represented a group of employees against employers in enterprise agreements in the wage determination system? Because I think only common law contract are individual negotiations between employers and employees but enterprise agreements are negotiations between trade unions who represent a group of employees and employers?
Do trade unions also play a role in the conciliation or arbitration process or is that just tribunals? Sorry I couldn't be of more help
I think this was a bit more like my understanding. But with a mix of krn's one too. I thought they represented a group of employees against employers in negotiating better conditions for wage contracts. Collectively, they probably have a greater bargaining power as well but nowhere near as much as they used to during Howard Government.

Thanks guys, I think that will suffice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)