TPS assignment help, please (1 Viewer)

porcupinebaby

HSC
Does anybody know how data warehouse is used in an airline reservation system.

2 measures that the airline reservation system uses to help ensure data integrity.

The social and ethical issues that relate to the users/participants of the airline reservation system, the individual and the society.

please help id not understand this stuff and my teacher does not teach as this, he just gives us assignments and expects us to answer it.

thank you:kiss:

Kat92

HSC
Does anybody know how data warehouse is used in an airline reservation system.

2 measures that the airline reservation system uses to help ensure data integrity.

The social and ethical issues that relate to the users/participants of the airline reservation system, the individual and the society.

please help id not understand this stuff and my teacher does not teach as this, he just gives us assignments and expects us to answer it.

thank you:kiss:
Never actually personally completed the TPS option for IPT. However, some of the components are inter-related to DSS so I will endeavour to help you out.

1. Data warehouse would collect information from various data sources. It would store raw data about the passengers flights, common destinations and could be analysed to help the flight organisation make decisions/ various trends.

2. Data integrity refers to the reliability/ accuracy of the data. e.g. constant updates, use of biometric scans, authentication process. Depends on whether you are looking at this from a person planning a flight through the companies online site or whether the person is at the airport ready to board the flight.

3. The social and ethical issues that relate to the users/participants of the airline reservation system, the individual and the society.

Who owns the data collected?? Is the airlines giving this to third parties.
Information about passengers stored in dbs.
Possible invasion of privacy-- bag searches.
Danger of Misinterpretation.

Sorry that I can't be of more help to you. As I didn't complete this option module and don't know what the syllabus asks of you to demonstrate within your project.

May I suggest having a talk to some-one else within your class or to your teacher to fully understand what you have to do.

If you have a textbook read through the relevant pages and try to inter-relate concepts to break down what the project is asking you.

Also, if SamD is online try asking him as he is aka Sam Davies the author of the new IPT textbook and Software Design Text.

Good luck with it all! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)