tower building indeed sucks cock (1 Viewer)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
oh dear, now i know why everyone always rags on UTS. for the past one and a half years I have been going to class in building 6, the design building, and have never stepped foot outside of there apart from going to the bar on occasion. but now ALL of my lectures are in the tower building, and i must say..it sucks some serious cock!

the lights are so dim and intimidating, the space is so claustrophobic, the colours and materials are so dull and DEPRESSING, how can them engineering/whoever else uses the tower building- students be there 4/5 days a week!? it's just not a learning environment at all!

having said that, escaping from the tower building has one positive aspect, in that i feel like i am more a university student now roaming the campus rather than a design student restricted to blg six 24/7..

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
lol yeah I have a lecture in Building 2 and a tute in Building 1... it is pretty crappy, it kinda reminds me of the high schools around where I live... but it is tall.....

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Tertiary Phallus.

I have my lectures all over the place, some in the Science building [4] which was once a psychiatric hospital, some at Markets (some great lecture theatres but also some really bad ones), a handful in building 2 (like markets, the bigger theatres are the best ones) and the rest in the tower. I must say that if you're in a big class and end up with the newer theatres then everything's good, but once you get smaller things just suck.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
whacked-out centralised timetabling means i now have classes in buildings 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6.

fools!

ps. new vertigo out this friday. it's the hottest yet.

MoNNiE

HSC
welcome to my home!!
actually most of my classes are in building 2...
though its all dark and gloomy it has one hell of a view! :p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Building 2 is ugly and has no windows. You engineers furnish your home with photos of dams from the 70s!

MoNNiE

HSC
i don't like the tut rooms in section C, but the lecture theaters a quite fine :)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
MoNNiE said:
i don't like the tut rooms in section C, but the lecture theaters a quite fine :)
you mean 5C.2.30ish to 40ish? they're alright - they got pretty glass walls so ppl outside can stare in at you like a goldfish bowl...

the best lecture theatre in the history of UTS - i dare say the whole of sydney - has got to be CM5B.1.2 - nothing beats B.1.2 not even building 10 beaky ;)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i only ever have to use the tower building lifts to get to vertigo, but i'm sure regular building one crew can share the anger here. ok. here it is:

WHAT IS WITH PEOPLE WHO GET THE LIFTS TO LEVELS FIVE AND SIX???

there are perfectly good (faster) escalators just around the corner. use them.

(oh, and while we're on lifts: did you know they make different sounds? "ding-dong" for a downwards-moving lift, as opposed to just "ding" for an upwards lift. crazy.)

MoNNiE

HSC
saladsurgery said:
i only ever have to use the tower building lifts to get to vertigo, but i'm sure regular building one crew can share the anger here. ok. here it is:

WHAT IS WITH PEOPLE WHO GET THE LIFTS TO LEVELS FIVE AND SIX???

there are perfectly good (faster) escalators just around the corner. use them.

(oh, and while we're on lifts: did you know they make different sounds? "ding-dong" for a downwards-moving lift, as opposed to just "ding" for an upwards lift. crazy.)
yeah fustrating as it is... i wish they had express ones for levels above 15 it's such a drag standing in the lift when it seems ot stop at every single level below it~ :D

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
In peak hour time they apparently do have express lifts (or so the sign says) stopping only at the popular floors :p.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
how freakin ancient are the lifts... i swear one of those lifts are going to like explode one day, or break down at least. they should bloody upgrade the tower building, it is crying for a re-design from its melancholy depressive state.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
But it's the primary building, there's nowhere else to put all the students, academics, and support staff from the five odd faculties that us the tower.

Uncouth

HSC
N/A
johnson said:
how freakin ancient are the lifts... i swear one of those lifts are going to like explode one day, or break down at least. they should bloody upgrade the tower building, it is crying for a re-design from its melancholy depressive state.
I find the worst lifts are in building three. You can hear them creaking a good distance away. I never feel safe in those ones. :(

fillstar

HSC
ahh get over the building already... this discussion always pops up
ive seen alot of bad building in other uni as well... it just happens the tower is the face of UTS na dwe cant do much about that

at least everything is centralised and not scattered... its not easy fitting a whole uni in the middle of sydney central

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)