tourism (1 Viewer)

Durban

so does any one else study touriam? The exam is tommrow and im fucked!

Sarah J

HSC
There's a subject called Tourism????????????

I now officially HATE my school.:mad: :mad: :chainsaw:

Durban

haha jeah tourism is a subject. Its part of tafe though, our class has to study it at the tafe but i counts towards your uai. It a pretty crusey subject :):)

Ely

Yeh i do tourism, just did the exam actually, i thought it was......hmm, alright, a little hard for certificate 2 though, but i think i did it ok.

Durban

Yeah the exam was harder that I expected. I was so suprised there was no naming capital cities or drawing countries on maps. That was a major part of last year exam. what essays did you do ? I did the cultural one and the impact on nation and internation events on Oz tourism indstry. Also the question where we had to write a cancellation letter and include a new itenitary.... they didnt give us nearly enough room!!!!!!!!!
few dodge multipal choice as well i though!!

Ely

for the essays i did the national/international events one, and the interrelationships of sectors one....

As for the letter!! my address took up half the page!! and then i had to write all that info in the bottom half.....how big do they want our letters to be!!! far out! grrrr...i was going to ask for a book, but then it wouldn't have been counted for marking hey.

What tafe do you go to?

Durban

The letter was wired, they wanted it properly set out, the reason for cancelation an ininery, AND justification for why you where sending them to the new place (Sth Australia) for me. I was going to ask for another book but i didnt know how to attach it.

I live in forster, go to forster high so I go to the TAFE in tuncurry(which is forsters twin town) what tafe/school/where do you live?

Ely

yeh, i was going to use a book, but as you said, how were we supposed to attach it??? haha.

I live in the north shore area of sydney and go to tafe there too. So i long way away from you i presume! hee.

Did you know that only 500 people in the state do tourism, and only 50 of those are male...just a little trivia, pretty funny though.

Durban

north shore, thats like neutral bay right? My friend just moved there, i love going to visit her, do you go the the oaks? (is that the name)!

well thank you for you triva!, very entertaining! we had 10 girls in our class and zero boys, it was such a fun class, we spent 80% of the time making poasters!

so how many exams have you got till you finish?

Ely

yep, neutral bay is in the lower north shore, i'm upper north shore...near hornsby. hehehe, our class had 7 people in it! It was so fun, we always made our teacher take us on excursions into the city and make tafe pay for it...and they did! haha.

We had 2 guys in our class, although one of them hardly came towards the end, and he failed...stupid really.

I finished my exams on Wednesday!! after tourism, it was my last!! When do you finish? I did society and culture last year, but dropped it, and glad of that now because that exam is on the last day!

Durban

ohhh my last exam is on thursay, the second last day of the hsc, and its for science!!!

Im so envious your finished? what are your plan for the remaoinder of this year and next year? schoolies? uni/work?

Ely

Well, today i have to sign out from school, but tomorrow i start working full time at an accountants office doing filing and reception work etc....should give me some money until i start uni.

Schoolies....I LEAVE THIS SUNDAY!!!! haha, but i'm not going to the gold coast. I wanted to but out of my whole group, there is only 1 who is over 18, so we thought it would be pointless, and now i'm kinda glad we didn't go because of the extra security they will be having...you couldn't get away with anything! So we are going to the entrance....boring as all hell i know!! BUT it will be as good as we make it! Oh hey you live in forster hey, we were going to go there, but this place wouldn't take schoolies.....grrrrm i loved that place!

And next year i have applied for 9 business related courses at maq, uts and uws. Oh appart from 1 tourism management course at uts. The uai for all of them vary widely so hopefully i'm in with a chance! haha.

What about you?

Durban

Well im not going to schoolies.......I kinda wish I was though, I have a similar prediciment as im not 18 untill april and all my friends are already 18, apart from one girl. So the plan was that we would go to byron bay together for a week BUT then some other girls who I am not huge fans of are gong, so I decided against it.

any ways I will be mving to sydney soon. I know this is a stab in the dark but do you know a guy called josh Harrison, moved to hornsby from newport........ I know horsby is a huge place, but you know.

I looking for a job in sydney for when i defer nest year........I didnt want to work in an office but there as so many office positions avaible for school leavers I might end up doing it

Mac is my first preference. But I applied for sciencey courses. You never know, I may run it to you there!!!

Ely

hmm, nope sorry i don't know Josh Harrison, but as you said, Hornsby is quite big. So your moving to Sydney hey? Where are you going to be living? Is your whole family moving down or just you?

What other subjects do/did you do at school?

Durban

??? no idea where I will move. Living in forster i meet a hell of a lot of tourists, there is this one guy who i really clicked with, wouldnt, we have kinda talked about getting together next year, so ide like to live near him, but he lives in newport, and thats so far away from everything. I proboly will move around the bondi area, close to eerything, but on the beach.

My family is staying in forster, the majority of my year will make the move to either sydney or brisbane, Im tossing up weather I will leve with a friend from home or some one in a share house advitised in the paper.

At school I studies tourism.....as you know, advanced english modern history, business studies, science,. how bout you?

Ely

umm, the subjects were pretty much the same, english, maths, modern history, business studies and tourism.....no science..I HATE SCIENCE!!! hahaha

Well thats sounds pretty cool what you have planned, you should look around the nth shore area, thats very central. I know a girl who is looking for someone to move in with her into an apartment in drummoyne....if your interested?

Durban

how wired we did the same subjects barr science and maths and they are kinda similar anyways.

Hmmm Drummoyne, lol i have never heard of it. So tell me whats it like as an area.....is it close to tthe water, is it a dodgy suburb? how much is the rent? I dont think i could afford much more than about $120......which i know really limits what i can get. I hate being poor!!!

Ely

Have you heard of Balmain? Drumoyne is right near there, its around the pyrmont area. I'm not sure how much rent she is asking for, she only just moved there and is getting lonely, so she is looking for someone to move in soon. It's a pretty nice area, not dodgy....well i like it anyway :)

Hahaha, this is so funny, this conversation is for the whole world to see!!

Durban

lol I know, its wired huh. Oh well no body else seems to be interested in what we are saying.......what boring sods we are hahah

well i got a job at woolies today, which is good news as it means i can transfer and I will have casual work for when I arrive in syd!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)