Tourism spoof not bloody funny (1 Viewer)

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
from www.smh.com.au
Tourism spoof not bloody funny
By David Braithwaite
March 27, 2006 - 3:47PM

Dan Ilic, 24, produced a parody of the ad, changing the jingle to "Where the f---ing hell are you?" and inserting negative images of Australian life.

The video was viewed about 30,000 times on video website youtube.com. However, Mr Ilac removed it from his website, Downwind Media, after complaints from Tourism Australia, which last week described the ad as "mean spirited and humourless".

Tourism Australia lawyers contacted Mr Ilac on Friday and demanded the video's removal.

"Their lawyers said the music was infringing their copyright, but they were just trying to find a way to get it off the site," Downwind Media's Dan Ilic said.

"We replied saying we had commissioned an independent track with a different tune and tempo, but they said because it sounded similar it infringed copyright.

"I think it's ridiculous."

Four new remixes were posted on the company's website yesterday with a message proclaiming "all is not lost".

"We have remade and re-mixed the song to be less like TA's song," the message says.

"As a result we have four new special edition versions for you to download."

Tourism Australia had not complained about the remixed versions, Mr Ilic said.
Can nobody take a fucking joke anymore!!!:burn:

I think the parody was brilliant, fucking bully lawyers.

I saw them first here on BOS anyway.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Irony is that the parody ad will just be more widely circulated than it was before.

Hell, even smh has the video up on their site now.

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
Who cares if it is funny or not?

The most important bit is that with the renewed "controversy" the ads gain even more publication and we (being Australia of course) are more widely shown around the world.

Simple equation

Advert + Shock Value = $$$

gerhard

HSC
im pretty sure this isnt going to be reported in overseas newspapers dude

oh and it was kinda funny

Optophobia

HSC
the dude who says "We've cleaned the effnicks off the beach :cool: " sounds kiwi or british lol.

All i know is the people who star in the video are trouble makers. Probably uni students :eek:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
haha i liked it. They could have done it heaps better and put more stuff in, but i like

"we got the ethnics off the beach" the nthey wave the flag around when they beat him up lol

K

katie_tully

Sif. Atheists get to depict Gods in cartoons and watch everybody squirm and scream.

We have, by far, the best sense of humour.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
knoes well post this in here

Serious attempt yo!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Atheists have no sense of humour. They probably have small penii too. My brf is a christian and he has a nice one
Nah I have a pretty good sense of humour, alot of famous entertainers are atheists/skeptics, including the late, great Johnny Carson.

Last edited:

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC
Dellaware said:
Atheists have no sense of humour. They probably have small penii too. My brf is a christian and he has a nice one :D
Speak for yourself, you obviously don't know much about athiests "penii" or their senese of humour

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)