Topics (1 Viewer)

Aussiechick

HSC
What topics are the class of 04 doing? Are you doing all performance or some viva voche (sp?) or composition?

serenesorrow

Instrument and it's repertoire.
Rock music.
Technology.

Pretty general so I can thrash out with all of them if I like.

Aussiechick

HSC
I'm doing all performance

Instrument & its Repertoire
Music of 20th, 21st Century
Theatre Music

vally

we're doing australian music, jazz, an instrument & its repertoire and music of the 20th century

instrument and its repertoire we've just started now and we have to go and research our instrument and do this whole assesment for it...

slip

HSC
im doing a composition two vivas and a performance.

so far ive doen a comp and got heaps good amrks but im gonna do a new one for my actual hsc one...

im going to performing "where have you been" on guitar by reel big fish with drums and trumpet backing.

ive got one viva on guitar as an instrument on punk which i got good marks for.

So i need anohter topic for a viva. do you guys have an ideas???

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA VIVA

sorry i got a little carried away with myselff... but i really loved doing them.. i did two...

1. Music of a Culture
i looked at beat structures of African music.... (cause they are really abstract but so interesting to study)

2. Music in Education
i looked at the musical value of Hi-5 in particular... cuase they actually teach the kids about music concepts such as beat and pitch through their music (on a basic level of course)

one of my favourite examples was a song called "Opposites"
the first line went
"I'm getting up, your going down." and the pitch of the music mirrored the lyrics... (like when they said up, the pitch went up etc).....

i think im biased but anyways...
do vivas theyre fun fun!!!

thebearcub

Originally posted by Aussiechick
What topics are the class of 04 doing? Are you doing all performance or some viva voche (sp?) or composition?
no performance nor viva voche actually :p

well, apart from the core performance and core composition, i'm doing musicology.

yay musicology ^^

Lachlan Murray

Im doing 18th Century, Theatre Music and 20th-21st century,
1 Viva Voce - for 18th Century on Paganini
and performances for all the rest, 20th 21st im doing Spawn by George, and core 'Drunk on her taste' by Elixir, then im unsure about my song for theatre music, but it is proving hard, with 2 ppl in your class and the other being a bass played who listens to 'kill-yourself' music, and your teacher is a die-hard rock guitarist, especially when your a mainly classical singer like myself....lol oh well, you get that I spose!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)