top in state?? (1 Viewer)

poster.girl

HSC
im hoping to get up the top too
my teacher said that i am capable for high band 6 so hopefully i go alright in the exam
i ranked 1st in my class year 10, 11 & 12

lollipopxo

HSC
who isn't honestly hoping for top in the state? its silly to think every1 is not secretly dying for it no matter what they say. There is about 2000 people worth of competition. id be super psycd to get a spot in the state or get into texstyle! (after of course wishing and hoping for number 1 which would allow both those dreams to come true) :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lollipopxo said:
who isn't honestly hoping for top in the state? its silly to think every1 is not secretly dying for it no matter what they say. There is about 2000 people worth of competition. id be super psycd to get a spot in the state or get into texstyle! (after of course wishing and hoping for number 1 which would allow both those dreams to come true) :)
It's same for every other subject. I am dying for state position in maths where about 18000 people compete. It's harder as well since I am only in year 11...

By the way, good luck in your journy towards state rank!

sassnbide

HSC
haha yeh i would love to get somewhere top int he state.. im coming first in my class and feel like i made a good dress - however i honestly think there is just too much competition ahaha
i would never actually expect too!!
how do you know if you did

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
sassnbide said:
haha yeh i would love to get somewhere top int he state.. im coming first in my class and feel like i made a good dress - however i honestly think there is just too much competition ahaha
i would never actually expect too!!
how do you know if you did
They phone-call you the day before the HSC result release date.

Sassed

HSC
Really don't want to dash your hopes, you seem to be doing extremely well but Textiles is a subject where a LOT of people that put in the effort do really well. Talent is an advantage in the MTP but content is needed for folio and theory- both achieved through a lot of time and effort- with dedication a lot of people can achieve this. I only did textiles because of our teacher- her most reacent HSC textiles class of 4 got 1st, 5th,12th and 17th in the state- but do not think it can be set as a 'goal'. There is no indication of state ranking until the actual HSC, there can be no accurate comparison until we all sit the same test.
That said best of luck!!!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Sassed said:
Really don't want to dash your hopes, you seem to be doing extremely well but Textiles is a subject where a LOT of people that put in the effort do really well. Talent is an advantage in the MTP but content is needed for folio and theory- both achieved through a lot of time and effort- with dedication a lot of people can achieve this. I only did textiles because of our teacher- her most reacent HSC textiles class of 4 got 1st, 5th,12th and 17th in the state- but do not think it can be set as a 'goal'. There is no indication of state ranking until the actual HSC, there can be no accurate comparison until we all sit the same test.
That said best of luck!!!
Wow, great achievement there..

lollipopxo

HSC
Sassed said:
That said best of luck!!![/quote

you can set your goal as first there is nothing wrong with that- if that's what makes you study hard and keep going that's excellent. don't tell people what they can and cant do that's just mean and cynical.

Sassed

HSC
That is not what I implied at all, I'm sorry if it was percieved in that way. I more meant to say that a lot of students will be attempting for top of state and the marks at the top will all be extremely close even. There may only be a mark between top and second but it's just very few of the highest level will actually achieve the top- and that cannot be predicted until a standardised test is undertaken.
Sorry to any I offended and best of luck for next tuesday!

lizliz

HSC
Sassed said:
That is not what I implied at all, I'm sorry if it was percieved in that way. I more meant to say that a lot of students will be attempting for top of state and the marks at the top will all be extremely close even. There may only be a mark between top and second but it's just very few of the highest level will actually achieve the top- and that cannot be predicted until a standardised test is undertaken.
Sorry to any I offended and best of luck for next tuesday!
To be honest; I agreed with what you first said..

I mean top of the state, well who wouldn't be psyched?
But put things in perspective yeh?
You do your best in the MTP but if you don't do well in your other subjects it won't count for jack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)