((( TOP I.T TEXTBOOKs TO BUY))) (1 Viewer)

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
Ive gone through every thread in here and everyone are giving all these books that are wonderful but can some one tell me what are the TOP books that are reallyworth investing on I mean because my IT teacher who is a friken nut from the language department(Chinese) no offence, who is also clueless like 99% of the class
So Im pretty much helpen everyone by trying to distribute some notes for them who dont know jack

So IM lookin for 1 or maybee 2 textbooks that is based on the whole 11 categories in the syllabus would this be enough for the IT subject or there other resources other than Andrews Hsc online and the internet...............

just wondering is the hienaman@IT anygood ? It looks pretty slime but willing to buy it asap
any past HSC graduates selling there IT IPT books pm me

THANKYOU :p

a_person86

HSC
Just did it. Didnt even know there were textbooks, we did nothing in class.

CrashOveride

HSC
No, there is no prescribed textbook for the course. So what you should do is drop IT and take up 4u math.

DJGerber

3rd Year BIT @ UTS
HSC
Textbooks DO exist! I've seen them! ... never used them though. They were ordered by the new principal for the Year 11's. Basically, any text book they write is going to be out of date by the time It's taught.

But you don't need a textbook to do IT, just half a brain.

cerebrum

HSC
DJGerber said:
Textbooks DO exist! I've seen them! ... never used them though. They were ordered by the new principal for the Year 11's. Basically, any text book they write is going to be out of date by the time It's taught.

But you don't need a textbook to do IT, just half a brain.
Too late to drop IT. A book will be handy.

mcbec

HSC
wow, i thought our skool was pretty sloppy and bludgy when it comes to I.T, but seems like u guys mite even be worse...

we use the Heinemann@work textbook (sometimes), when we atcually do work that is, and its not too bad.... however i've found that it doesnt really cover everything. It definately doesnt cover everything in the IT course syllabus anyway. But its good for revision and extra knowledge. Some of its common sense, some of its 5-year-old stuff (How to open a word document... lol) but some of it is quite good.

I have to say, I think the majority of people who do IT do it because they think it'll be a bludge... they probly think "hmm IT... that only has two letters (or three if they cant count) it must be easy!"
there are 3 girls in our class of 22 (i go to a girls skool), including me, who actually know crap about IT, the rest of em barely know how to turn a computer on, and just try to scab answers off us three when it comes to exams, assignments, etc.

lol... anyway i dont know of any other textbooks for IT, but i spose as long as u know the syllabus and know the stuff they want you to know, u'll be fine. A lot of it is fairly brainless stuff anyway.

Last edited:
HSC
You live in lugarno !? so do I

I was talking to a range of people who killed IT they all telling me the same idea of "dont bother summarising the course, just do all the past papers many times"

busterblues

04 Info Tech First in HSC
HSC
IT is a practical-based subject and a good portion of the exam assumes that you have practical working real-life knowledge with computers. It is much easier to learn anything from practical experience than it is to learn it from a textbook and to be honest it is literally impossible to cram the entire working knowledge into your head in a matter of two years. There are some questions that only people with years of experience will be only able to get right. But this is only a couple of questions, the rest are quite easy. And yes, even the harder questions can be worked out by simple logic usually. That is why Info Tech is a VET BDC-B course and not a BDC-A course. It is simply just a different learning approach altogether. And I do believe its a bit odd setting a theory test for a practical based subject.

Yes there are things you have to study and revise no matter what your skill level with computers, such as OH&S and Communication in the Workplace and such, but in terms of the use of the computers there isnt a lot you can revise from a textbook I hate to tell you.

Revise your terminology, revise your OH&S theory and communications theory etc., and then simply hit the past papers. Refine your long answer questions I cannot stress that enough. That is the thing which will allow you to rise above the pack. Long answer questions are annoying, they are tiresome and you do get a sore wrist, but feel sorry for the poor fool that does 3 unit English and Maths(eg. Me back in 04! ARGH! MUCH PAIN!)

Best of luck to you though with your upcoming trials and HSC :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)