Top Gear Australia. (1 Viewer)

HoCo8

HSC
Was really not expecting much from this at all. But watching now and it seems alot better than i thought (incredibly similar to the UK version, thought itwas going to be alot more different) the humour comes off alot more scripted and the the hosts (no idea who they are) lack a certain charm that Jeremy, Richard and James.

Overall its relatively enjoyable but just lacks something that leaves it chasing the original BBC version.

Anyone else?

HoCo8

HSC
live update while i'm watching... Vince Colosimo is a fucking tool.

johony

HSC
average. nothing really that great or different, just slightly adapted for the australian market.

original still reigns supreme.

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
i thought it was good.

although proton satria - not a good choice.

Everyone must remember something - TGA is an adaptation of the british original. it will be very similar from the start, untill TGA start making it more their own.

Although i dont like the idea of making it too australian. eg. Steve's idea of calling the stig "stiggo". yeah not in my taste.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
This was a lot better than I thought it would be to be honest. Even though it follows the BBC formula, I still think they've made it better. Love that they did a lot of off-road driving rather than driving around the same track over and over.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of Charlie at all, and Steve is a bit forced (he might improve though) but I really like Warren, I remember him from that Race from Peking to Paris show.

The only thing that was shit about last night's ep was the whole shark thing. That was just pure stupidity, not well thought out at all.

Also loved the Newcastle references ;)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Was shit. Will request refund of 5mins

Numbers

Banned
HSC
This show was HORRIBLE. The hosts were all inexperienced monkeys (except maybe for the guy with the mustache- he was alright) and the host's attempts at humour were just painful. You could see from the faces of the audience members that none of them really enjoyed it, and the show just lacked the 'edge' that Top Gear UK has. I won't be watching again. My rating: 2/5 stars.

shell..

HSC
I'm definately sticking with the Brits.
Jeramy, Richard and James.. who could replace them!?

Ligeti

HSC
I don't mind Australia making a bad version of Top Gear... what pisses me off is that they took off the original one to show a crappy copy.

Ok... Top Gear Australia is not absolutly terrible. But the humor seems forced and scripted. It can't be that hard to find 3 funny aussie blokes that like to drive fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)