top 3 (1 Viewer)

Haks

HSC
hey
If u placed 2nd or 3rd internally in a subject, and the marks are heaps close, like 1 mark diff. Will u be greatly effected because u didnt get that no. 1 spot?
And if u do, how how does it work?

CrashOveride

HSC
The marks do not matter.

If you are first by one mark, you are still first.

Being first also means that the highest exam score from anybody in your school for that course will automatically become your assessment mark. It pays to be 1st.

Haks

HSC
hmm righto
i dunno, coz ppl were telln me, as long as u make it in the top 3, ull be fine. but i understand where ur cumn from. So, if the 1st placed person, gets lower in the HSC than his internal, then the whole average drops yeah?

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
hey so im comin first in IPt with 94 the highest ipt exam mark is 87 that means i get an 87 assesment mark aint that abit shit ????

Haks

HSC
yeah i find it a bit stupid, how if ur 1st, u automatically get the highest mark. that doesnt sound too fair? i think theres more to it

laura_h

HSC
yeah i think there is....

i did a couple of hsc subjects last year (pathways) and anyway, i came 3rd in society and culture (internally) however, i beat both the 1st and 2nd person in the exam, and i ended up with the higest mark...
i dont know how it works exactly, but it would be very unfair if the number 1 person automatically got the highest exam mark...if that was the case why would you even bother studying if your mark is just going to go to someone else?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
To the OP:
Even though you're not 1st, the fact that the gap is small (~ 1 mark) means that you shouldn't be adversely affected by the moderating process. Whatever the situation, the smaller the gap between you and the person in front, the better.

In terms of the process in general:
Yes, the person ranked first internally always gets the highest exam mark as their assessment mark. Note, however, that they may not necessarily get the highest HSC mark seeing as every student retains their own exam mark and the HSC mark is the average of the exam mark and the internal mark.

Person A could rank #1 and get 75 in the HSC exam. Person B, ranked 2nd and 1 mark behind Person A, might top his/her class with a 99 in the HSC exam. Even though Person A will have an internal assessment mark of 99, when you average the exam mark and the assessment mark, Person B will most likely end up with the highest HSC mark.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
laura_h said:
yeah i think there is....

i did a couple of hsc subjects last year (pathways) and anyway, i came 3rd in society and culture (internally) however, i beat both the 1st and 2nd person in the exam, and i ended up with the higest mark...
i dont know how it works exactly, but it would be very unfair if the number 1 person automatically got the highest exam mark...if that was the case why would you even bother studying if your mark is just going to go to someone else?
The reason why the person ranked 1st gets the highest exam mark as their assessment mark is so that people don't bludge through internal assessments and then miraculously perform well in the HSC exam. To do well, you must sustain a high level of performance throughout the year, and not just in the final HSC exam.

Why would a person work hard if their mark is going to someone else? Well, like I said in the post above, you retain your own exam mark regardless of your internal rank so doing well will help you as well (even if it does help someone else).

Haks

HSC
yeah, thats more like it. Thanks alot guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)