Too many options! (1 Viewer)

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Oh god, I'm freaking out, I have no idea what I should do next year. I know I have plenty of time to change and everything, but I'm putting in scholarship applications and for Sydney I have to nominate a faculty.

I used to want to do Arts/Law, and so as a backup I applied for Early Entry at UoW (it's kind of local). I have gotten through the first stage and have to go sit a test which apparently examine's "crtitical thinking" skills. I'm not as keen now, but will be going, as there will be sessions about what is involved in a law degree.

But since the Usyd Open Day, where I specifically researched my options in Science- focussing on Biology, I have been thinking doing Science/Arts. For some reason, the degree at Usyd is 5 years, while at UNSW it's 4.

I have also had Medicine in the back of my mind for a long time, I was aiming for it before, but because of lots of reasons, it would be unatainable for me as an undergraduate. So I'm thinking of it as a grad. So maybe because I would be ending up at uni for like 9 years, I would drop part of my double degree.

I don't know whether to put Arts or Science as my faculty for scholarships. I love languages, and want to study Chinese and linguistics, but I'm topping Bio and love it, but have never really considered studing it at Uni because I'm unsure as to the career prospects... That faculty offers more scholarships though than Arts. But I don't want to end up dropping Arts because the degree would be so long and losing the scholarship. And I'm scared after I go to this UoW thing I'll change my mind, and it's too late to change faculty for scholarships then.

In the end, this may not be a concern anyway, I don't know if I'm of the calibre for such awards. I'm trying for the sake of it though, so I'm stressed out.

This was so bloody long, lol, sorry. Anyone have any ideas with what I should do with my future? Also, anyone know of potential careers in Biology? Thanks

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
spence said:
Have you considered Bachelor of Arts and Sciences?
http://www.arts.usyd.edu.au/future_students/undergrad/sciences.shtml
It might suit you, as it is only 3 years and requires you to study both humanities and sciences. It also requires 2 subjects of legal studies, which you might like if you're into law. You also need 2 business subjects
Yeah, I don't know... I think it's administered by the Arts faculty, so I have to nominate them, I need to send in the application like tomorrow, argh!
Also not sure about the Economics courses you have to take, I know nothing about the subject.. Otherwise it sounds good.

spence

HSC
Alternatively, you could do a BA and I'm pretty sure you can do Biology as a second major.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)