too late to change preferences? (1 Viewer)

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
so ive been given an offer for the main round, but ive really decided this is not the uni i want to go to.

if i choose not to accept an offer, does this mean ill be eligible for offers in the late round?

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
yeah im really confused too.
like you know how they say, accept your offer for main round and then change ur preferences to the one u want to be considered for late round....

so i've accepted my offer for main round. but do i continue with the enrolment of the uni and all that jazz that comes with it? like am i permanently binded to the uni if ive 'completed enrollment' in that sense? and with the HECS-Help, what will happen with that if i end up not wanting to go to the uni that ive already accepted and enrolled at????

SO CONFUSED.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
A representative from UAC was on 2BL (ABC Radio Sydney 702) this morning and gave some advice for people like you.

Accept the offer. Reorder and/or change your preferences, make changes if you like, and then wait for the remaining 5 smaller rounds of offers. This way you do not leave yourself hanging.

Good luck. I hear the cut offs this year are much lower than in previous years.

As to enrolling and dropping out - you can also do that. There is a period within which you can leave a course without penalty and receive all funds back. Check with the Uni if you are concerned.

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
does this mean that if i accept an offer, i will still be eligible for offers in the late round? i was under the impression that if i have accepted an offer already they will not bother giving me any more offers in later rounds

HSC
Accept your offer and change your preferences and you will automatically be considered for the late round offers. Enrol with the uni just in case, and then you can un-enrol and enrol with the other degree if this is what you want. There is still hope...

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
yeah. i can finally confirm that too - cos i called up the UNSW guy and he's like yeah after u ACCEPT YOUR OFFER at the uni, you should also ENROL as WELL because in case you don't end up changing uni's - the lect/tute times may be full (as in the ones you want to attend) - as it's ALWAYS possible for you to UNENROL & DECLINE your position afterwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)