too good to be true? (1 Viewer)

**blu_rose**

HSC
is it possible that some uai's could be wrong like last yr when they got muddled?
i am just so freaked out i'm gonna get sent mail or something saying that my uai was incorrect, just cuz i got some really good marks for some of my shitty subjects?

7th Sign

HSC
its called marks gettign scaled up...

hsc markers are very good with giving extra marks for nothing aswell..

I thought I was seriously going to get like 50 in my maths exam because I like had this killer head ace and was all dizzey and shit lol, was not thinking right at all...

I get my result for the exam and it was like 70 I was like dam....

I got the same as kids who beat me all year in it lol

HSC
I know how u feel.... I cannot believe my mark in ext2 english. There were only two of us in the class and I didnt even do half the work as the other girl but managed to end up in the same band as her! I feel like I completely fluked the thing!

Its true the markers can be very generous with marks. Also, think about the subjective side to ur subjects. If u do alot of subjects that are "arty farty" (according to my mum) like english, art, drama... all of those that have different responses depending on who marks them... then u might very well have scored much better (or much worse) than u expected.

**blu_rose**

HSC
yeah i know abt scaling but even my assessment mark was pretty high particularly as my teacher was acting as if i'd be lucky to pass.
i don't know i wanna celebrate my mark but i'm so scared mine got mistaken with someone else

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
**blu_rose** said:
is it possible that some uai's could be wrong like last yr when they got muddled?
i am just so freaked out i'm gonna get sent mail or something saying that my uai was incorrect, just cuz i got some really good marks for some of my shitty subjects?
They got muddled last yr?

Blu rose Im sure u deserved the UAI u recieved.

In my point of view no subject is shity, however its generaly when u perform average or below average in the "artsy fartsy" subjects as "sweetsensations's" mum put it lol, that ur UAI seems to take a plunge into the deep.

But no matter what subjects u do, If u get 'good marks' then u'll get a 'good UAI'.

On the other hand, some people take Physics, chem, 4 unit maths, Extension English etc. but perform really bad in them. Just because they do High scaling subjects it doesnt gurantee a High UAI.

Anyways, No Blu rose, u wont get a letter sent home lol!

well done!

7th sign, the reason u got 70 in Maths, is infact due to a process referred to as aligning, not scaling, neverthless well done!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)