Tom Cruise cops a soaking (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
That's an entertainment piece, not news. Bloody hell, at times it's as though a 'What constitutes News, Current Affairs and Politics' information thread should be created.

funniboi

HSC
lol !!! "you're a jerk."

but what was the point of that prank anyway ? stupid!

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
there's a thread in NS on this.

pointless, but funny. They should have done it to someone even more annoying than him though.

K

katie_tully

Funny? What the hell is wrong with you people?

WHO CARES?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
ahahaha

that's sadistically stupid but hilarious

the absurdity of it all, ah dear

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
You guys have such a shit sense of humour.
Btw, stop using the words "Drenched" or "Soaking" to describe this, it looks like the guy unzipped his fly and pissed on him a little - how weak.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
You guys have such a shit sense of humour.
Btw, stop using the words "Drenched" or "Soaking" to describe this, it looks like the guy unzipped his fly and pissed on him a little - how weak.
Thankyou for lecturing us in the artifices of tasteful humour, oh great master and knowledge-keeper of what is and what is not funny

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
WTF? I'm with NTB, this isn't news, and it wasn't all that funny. Some guy squirted water on a celebrity (it actually looked like he was spat on) and the celebrity put them in their place. That's Channel 10 news at best. So please, fuck right off.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
It may not be news, and I agree these sort of things should go in a special thread dedicated to trivial matters

But to those saying it wasn't funny and actually criticising us for laughing, please extract the high-and-mighty pole of grim seriousness out of your arse and lighten up

Haven't you ever seen a clown with a fake flower that squirted water? the guy had a fake microphone that squirted water. Oh he's so bad, such a jerk. All this disdain just because it happend to some celebrity.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
No, all this disdain for people thinking it's hilarious and posting it in a NEWS AND CURRENT AFFAIRS forum.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
But to those saying it wasn't funny and actually criticising us for laughing, please extract the high-and-mighty pole of grim seriousness out of your arse and lighten up
It's not that I'm overly serious, it's just that this wasn't funny... at all.. take a little criticism, don't get so cut.
Haven't you ever seen a clown with a fake flower that squirted water? the guy had a fake microphone that squirted water. Oh he's so bad, such a jerk. All this disdain just because it happend to some celebrity.
I just don't think it's funny, it would of been funnier if he handed him a raddle and said it was an engagement present for his wife or something...

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
jm1234567890 said:
pfft, entertainment news is still news
Yes, but that form of 'news' is generally covered in the entertainment section, not here.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Generator said:
That's an entertainment piece, not news. Bloody hell, at times it's as though a 'What constitutes News, Current Affairs and Politics' information thread should be created.
Such as:
What constitutes News, Current Affairs and Politics.

It has reached the state where many users do not know what actually constitutes news, current affairs or politics.

Dictionary.com said:
news
pl.n. (used with a sing. verb)

a. Information about recent events or happenings, especially as reported by newspapers, periodicals, radio, or television.
b. A presentation of such information, as in a newspaper or on a newscast.
2. New information of any kind: The requirement was news to him.
3. Newsworthy material: “a public figure on a scale unimaginable in America; whatever he did was news” (James Atlas).

current affairs
noun plural

1. the cultural, political, and social events of importance and interest at the present time; also called current events

politics

n 1: social relations involving authority or power [syn: political relation]
2: the study of government of states and other political units [syn: political science, government]
3: the profession devoted to governing and to political affairs
4: the opinion you hold with respect to political questions [syn: political sympathies]
Now while Brad Pitt being ambushed by a bunch of retired Oompa Lumpas may technically qualify as news, it is isn't of importance although it does reflect the quality of your intelligence.

Similarly anything seen on A Current Affair should in ninety-nine (99) cases out of one hundred (100) not be posted and you should be whipped for watching it while being forced to live in the house that was featured on ACA that is filled with garbage.

If you wish to degrade to that level of discussion there is always the non-school forum.

Pauline Hanson returning to her fish and chip shop while working part time as a stripper similarly does not cover politics and is quite frankly disturbing and probably shouldn’t even be posted in non-school.

Some basic guidelines to follow:

1337 belongs in Counterstrike, if you don't know what 1337 is, and you think "2" can replace to and too, you should go pick up a copy of Half-life and get counterstreike.

Links are your friends; don’t just report “I read on the SMH site that such and such is happening” please paste a link, especially to that Pauline Hanson article.

Don’t get too emotional, people will probably flame you, it is just that your arguments are weak and you are dumb.

Some basic questions to ask yourself before posting:

“Did I see this on A Current Affair, National Nine News, Sunrise or read it in Women’s Weekly?” Answering yes means you should rethink the posting of it, and rethink about your life in general..

“Does it involve some celebrity being embarrassed?” If yes, you probably shouldn’t post it in News, Current Affairs and Politics, non-school might appreciate it more in fact why don't you just go post there from now on.

“Am I asking which side of politics people belong to?” If yes, you may as well post it because we all have such bad memories we forget that it was posted only two weeks ago and need refreshing.

“Am I mentioning the words democracy, communism, Tiananmen or other censored words or mentioning the assasination President of the United States?” If yes you can post it. Unless you are doing it through a Chinese server or an American one (which is a bit of a pity since I think the servers are American).
:p I was bored and I cant bring myself to study at the moment.

spell check

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
It may not be news, and I agree these sort of things should go in a special thread dedicated to trivial matters

you gotta admit it wasn't particularly funny

and his reaction wasn't funny or over the top either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)