To what extent will TRIALS affect my final mark (1 Viewer)

kimmy5

ok here's my question
i'm coming 1st in all my subjects cept 1.

i feel like i've really screwed up english trials and that my rank is going to be affected. this is because there is a VERY small gap between 1st, 2nd, 3rd place.

if i KILL the external hsc exam, could that compensate for my poor performance in the trials?

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
It all depends on what waiting your school has placed on the trials ...

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Damn it, I was just about to fix that ...

EDIT: Did I mention that I did 3U English?

bluuangel

HSC
well it all depends how badly you screwed up in your trials. but in the end, the final HSC exam makes a huge difference because your internal marks (along with that screwwy trials mark you think you got) all get scaled according to your final HSC exams. so if you KILL your final HSC that means ultimately all your marks will be scaled up accordingly. but then you have other variables like school, subjects, how well everyone else in your school does etc :p haha all in all....let's do this :chainsaw: to whoever invented the HSC.

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
ur trials have very little bearing on what u'll end up getting
i know from experience, and also from wat McLake said about weightings

but assuming u come out from the trials still ranked 1st in everything, it doesnt matter how bad or good ur assessment marks were, ur final marks will be dependant on how u and the rest of your cohort do in the HSC exams

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
it be worth about 15% towards the final mark (if ya trial =30%), so what if you stuff up your assessments up? everyone one does
i stuff up like every single assessment except for english and im still aiming like 80's UAI (omg)

but hey your other subjects will push you up so dont worry =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)