TO: high school teenagers-the cold approach (1 Viewer)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
I've done this and had it happen to me before.

Normally when drunk and out but also just randomly i.e. guy tried to chat me up in the RTA the other day, got the name & phone number on a coaster from a bartender once, etc.

Never happened when I was in high school though.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
yeah someone tried that with me on msn or something. dunno how they got my email but I just blocked them. who knows.. it could be an old old man in disguise.

likewise, i wouldn't try this cold approach on someone else. how weird would that be :p
I meant in person. Though thanks for sharing.

dux&src

HSC

Normally when drunk and out but also just randomly i.e. guy tried to chat me up in the RTA the other day, got the name & phone number on a coaster from a bartender once, etc.

Hmm that's interesting, i'm in high school and i get them. :confused:

matthew91

HSC

Yeah it's not good for high school otta see the person too much lol.
I agree it works best when out and drunk because you don't really care what the result is lol.

Paradox.101

HSC
Never heard of it being called the 'cold approach'... but I've heard it as the 'direct approach', nevertheless I'm too much of a panzy to directly ask for her number and besides, you're going all for the looks, unless you know her. Makes it weird on the girls behalf as well because she's forced on a yes or no answer...

gella

HSC
its happened, always the older guys that tend to use this so-called cold approach though, i've found

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Someone was explaining this to me the other day in the context of running game. I had to try his technique, so the other afternoon on the way to work I said to a girl "Excuse me, you're gorgeous and it has brightened my otherwise dreary day." It was raining. Now, he said that if they are at all interested once they get over the initial shock they will probably want to keep talking to you after you walk away and that's when you do the actual work. Since I has a gf I just kept walking when she said "hey, wait."
Mainly because Im a badass but also I figured it would genuinely make her feel good if she thought it was cos I didnt just want to pick her up.

matthew91

HSC
Someone was explaining this to me the other day in the context of running game. I had to try his technique, so the other afternoon on the way to work I said to a girl "Excuse me, you're gorgeous and it has brightened my otherwise dreary day." It was raining. Now, he said that if they are at all interested once they get over the initial shock they will probably want to keep talking to you after you walk away and that's when you do the actual work. Since I has a gf I just kept walking when she said "hey, wait."
Mainly because Im a badass but also I figured it would genuinely make her feel good if she thought it was cos I didnt just want to pick her up.
See if you hadn't walked away and stayed after you said it you wouldn't have got the same response it's weird. Because you walk away they have some sudden urge to talk to you but if you don't walk away they don't bother lol.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
See if you hadn't walked away and stayed after you said it you wouldn't have got the same response it's weird. Because you walk away they have some sudden urge to talk to you but if you don't walk away they don't bother lol.
you are sposed to walk away regardless, I kept walking though

Tangent

HSC
i think it is because then they wont have another chance, sorta of makes them desperate not to let the chance go. if u stand there dumbly u give them time to think...bad idea

as for me, ive never had this happen, im just too ugly
wait, it has happened once... though it was a she, and she just said do i wanna b her bf Y-Y

dux&src

HSC
i think it is because then they wont have another chance, sorta of makes them desperate not to let the chance go. if u stand there dumbly u give them time to think...bad idea

as for me, ive never had this happen, im just too ugly
wait, it has happened once... though it was a she, and she just said do i wanna b her bf Y-Y
Sorry, that was me. :(

Daipire

HSC
Have you used the 'cold approach' before?
What do you think of this method of finding a date/friend/gf/bf etc?

I've been on the receiving end of the 'cold approach' a fair few times. I think it can come as quite a shock when a total stranger chats you up and then asks for your mobile phone number etc...

From personal experience, they usually do it in groups of three.

So feel free to voice your opinions about the cold approach, i'm more interested in the opinions of teenagers but older people can share their opinions too. :)
Yeah, and i was confused as hell, i came straight out of left-field, i was in the food court looking for my mum, when two girls came up to me, asked me my name and my number, as they left one of them told me her name was crystal (note, that i dont know how to spell it)

I was so incredibly shocked that i accidently gave them the wrong number, which was a pity cause crystal was hot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)