To help or not to help (1 Viewer)

frog1944

HSC
Hi,

Should you help your peers or not? For your rank won't it be better if they're going worse? That isn't to say deliberately detriment them, but if you help them and they surpass you in ranks for your class then that is bad for you.

Should you share your essays? Answers? Methods? And the like?

Thanks

FortheAtar26

HSC
I think after your internal assessments are finished, then definitely. However until then if you believe that you have some "gold" then definitely keep it for yourself imo.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
For Mathematics definitely!

After Trials make sure you share your notes/essays/resources as the your cohort can help bring up your internal marks!

helloimyellow

HSC
Most people would be more secretive with their resources until trials are over, then share them afterwards. Just to throw in something different though - I found that teaching other people before trials actually helped me out a lot for chemistry (like running lunchtime classes and "1 on 1" sessions during my frees) as it really solidified my own understanding when I explained course material.

Occupied

HSC
N/A
Help throughout the year but don't share your resources until after trials

helping - as in questions and helping people grasp concepts- benefits u more often than not since teaching is one way for you to appreciate your own understanding of a subject. for example, through teaching, you might realise that you don't actually understand a concept as well as you thought you did, therefore allowing you to recognise the need to revise said concept etc

also, it's just nice when there's a friendly environment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)