To Fellow Poets... (1 Viewer)

Khypheneight

HSC
Who out there is doing a collection of poems, an extended poem or a suit of poems? Anyone having trouble? I'm here to help!

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
yeh.. right here....

suite of poems..

it's nice of u to offer ur help... greatly appreciated...

by the way are u an 05 er ?...

Look out because i may take you up on your offer...

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
yeah, thanks heaps khyfeneight, it'll be awesome to bounce ideas of another person. i'm doing a collection of poems....i think, the one where they're not all the same...whichever one that is, but yeah, have u done the HSC before? and if u did, wat was ur mark in ext. 2?

Khypheneight

HSC
Answering...

Yep, I'm an 05er... I'm doing a collection of poems... I'm here for you guys though, if you want to bounce ideas off of me... whatever you want... kind of nerve wracking though hey?

camhissey

HSC
Hey

Yea
give me help

hahaha

khyfeneight

good work!

neways

be back later on

HSC
Hey guys, I'm an 04er who did poetry.
I got 35/50 for my internal marks, but my final HSC result was 45/50, so yeah... do the math :p

I'M HERE TO HELP!!!

Having said that, it's always a good idea to go to your Ext 2 teacher first.

I know what it's like, and the constant paranoia that someone will plagiarize your mw... So email me Rae.Lee@student.uts.edu.au if you're stuck and dont know where to go.

Nadia_

Nadia
HSC
yeh over here! i have to finish my ext 2 poems these holidays and i am almost done but i really have no idea how many poems are needed in a suite of poems. i have 12 so far....is that too less? there is really nothing else that i could possibly write on the theme that i am running with and i wuld like to end it there.
wat do u guys think?

Khypheneight

HSC
Nadia_ said:
yeh over here! i have to finish my ext 2 poems these holidays and i am almost done but i really have no idea how many poems are needed in a suite of poems. i have 12 so far....is that too less? there is really nothing else that i could possibly write on the theme that i am running with and i wuld like to end it there.
wat do u guys think?
I have to finish mine as well, my teacher said that if we don't we might as well drop the subject. You've done TWELVE poems!!! I've done five, but they add up to roughly 3500 words. Man! Good on you!!! What is your theme? If you don't mind telling me. I'm doing a collection of poems, so I don't really have one.

Last edited:

Nadia_

Nadia
HSC
well i only have 1800 words! so ur actually doing a whole lot betta than i am! woah, now i feel down. lol
i think i will just go throw myself in a lake...haha (jokes)

Last edited:

Khypheneight

HSC
Don't you dare feel bad! I'm new at this poetry thing, and while some say moine are pretty good, I bet the majority of mine are crap! Don't worry too much, I really love to write and I kind of started this last year, so don't fret! I bet you're doing fine!!! In fact, I bet you're doing better than fine. There is no word limit remember, and it is quality over quantity! You just can't exceed 3500 words! Have faith and I'm sure you'll do great!

Nadia_

Nadia
HSC
hmmmmm

thanks, that made me feel better. i think its harder to write in a theme because there is a limited number of things to write about. id rather not say what my theme is, but i have come to a point where i have written everything i could possibly write. well i still have two days until my teacher wants my final rough copy!! hopefully i can squeeze in a few more poems in between my dreaded religion assessment, learning my drama monologue, writing my surveys for my CFS IRP and reading Emma!
woah have i got my work cut out for me.. i wonder what the chances are of showing up at that party tonight..... :eek:

Khypheneight

HSC
You are a funny one! Yeah, I like it when you don't have to write within a guideline, you know? That's cool, you don't have to tell me. Man, it is kind of scary, thinking about it, isn't it? It's so close now, the due date for this, and reading other people's works, SCARY!!! Mine looks kind of crap in comparison! I wish I was good at this writing thing... oh well, all we can do is our best...

Nadia_

Nadia
HSC
where is my light?

i like ur positive attitude! i could use some of it. right now i am pulling my hair out trying to find information for this religion assessment (the net is not as useful as we think).... but once i heard this girl say that this year is not bothering her because she sees "the light at the end of the tunnel". i think thats some good adivce, and we all should use it.
HEAD TOWARD THE LIGHT!

(hehe)

Last edited:

Khypheneight

HSC
Good idea! I agree, but I don't have the net at home, so tough luck on me! he, he... nah! Trust me, I can be very negative, the only reason why I'm positive right now is because this year is almost over!!! YAY!!! I really can't wait!!! I want this year to be over and done with because I want uni!!!

Hey, I just had a thought... do you think they- whoever they are- will give us back our journals? I want mine back, because I like the whole idea of actually finishing this! It's a satisfying thought, don't you think?

Nadia_

Nadia
HSC
yes! i agree with you, i was thinking that yesterday whilst day dreaming in my room. i really do want my journal and MW back! its mine! lol and its been with is for so long now, its like a part of us and i want to have something to show for it.
in reference to wanting this year to be over, that is constantly at the back of my mind no matter where i am or what im doing.

Khypheneight

HSC
They can take my major work, because I'll have a copy of that, but my journal!!! It's sort of like evidence of all of the work we've done!!! Yeah... this year just seems too long and tiring for me... I really can't wait for the end... I day dream a lot too, he, he, he... you can usually come up with the best lines for poetry just like that...

Nadia_

Nadia
HSC
yeah thats true, once you have a great starting line you can make the best poems. i was stuck for weeks without writing a thing because i just lost my flair and originality, my poems started sounding like i was in yr 4. i think its a lot harder to write poems than say a critical essay. with essays, u plan it all out and u noe wat ur gna write. with poetry, you wake up not knowing if today will be your lucky day where you are imaginative and inspired enough to write a great piece of writing.... but luckily i found my inspiration again!
its a matter of luck as to how u are feeling that week!

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Nadia_ said:
i like ur potitive attitude! i could use some of it. right now i am pulling my hair out trying to find information for this religion assessment (the net is not as useful as we think).... but once i heard this girl say that this year is not bothering her because she sees "the light at the end of the tunnel". i think thats some good adivce, and we all should use it.
HEAD TOWARD THE LIGHT!

(hehe)
Positive it is always good to be,
When, for 4-unit you're doing poetry.

As for lights,
and sweet delights,
you cannot gong
a well packed bong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)