To be shortlisted for the Showcase... (1 Viewer)

Heliotrope

HSC
I know you have to get 49 or 50. But is that internal, or external? Or is it the two combined? *hopes it's external only*

mad-triste

HSC
I'm reasonably sure it's external. I got 49 for external (note that you don't automatically get nominated for 49 or 50) and 47 for internal, and got nominated. Does that answer your question?

Heliotrope

HSC
mad-triste: Yes, thank you. :)

humglish: You're mistaken, I think. Your internal mark is one-half of your overall mark for the course, which goes toward your UAI. That's what I've been led to believe since the beginning, anyway.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
A person at my school got 48 externally, and got not only nominated but accepted for showcase. This was for a speech though.

They have stuck to 49s and 50s in the past, are now considering 48s that are particularly outstanding in the category.

Of course, internal marks mean something - but only as contributing towards a rank. If you get 25% and everyone else gets 24% you are rank number 1 and it makes no difference if you got 99% and everyone else got 98%. The REAL clincher is the external marks - thats how they see just how valuable your rank 1 is in your cohort! (ahem you will get scaled way, way, down if your cohort does badly no matter what rank you have if your 24% was the case!).

I don't think you could get a 50/50 all up without getting a high rank in your school, however.

Last edited:

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
A handpicked high-scoring, top-ranging HSC major works from each of the different categories from the year.
It's very hard to get a story in, as so many people do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)