To all 2014/13/12ers: Is this a touchy topic for EE1 creative? (1 Viewer)

pomsky

HSC
Hey guys, (pref to those who've done the course before)

My elective is Navigating the Global which sorta details the interactions and complexity between traditional and post-modern ways of thinking.

One of my creatives centers around gay marriage and its conflict within an individual that's caught up in the global and local worlds. But when I ran the synopsis by a friend, she told me not to do anything that's too 'political-ly'. (Admittedly she doesn't do NTG, her elective is ATB).

Is this issue considered too political? Is it OK to approach? If not, I need something that explores the social dimension (rather than the economic paradigm which is what 99.95% of NTG creatives will be about). Do you guys have any ideas?

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, (pref to those who've done the course before)

My elective is Navigating the Global which sorta details the interactions and complexity between traditional and post-modern ways of thinking.

One of my creatives centers around gay marriage and its conflict within an individual that's caught up in the global and local worlds. But when I ran the synopsis by a friend, she told me not to do anything that's too 'political-ly'. (Admittedly she doesn't do NTG, her elective is ATB).

Is this issue considered too political? Is it OK to approach? If not, I need something that explores the social dimension (rather than the economic paradigm which is what 99.95% of NTG creatives will be about). Do you guys have any ideas?

depends on how you approach it, the issue can and unfortunately does get political and tied in with other issues that is unhelpful for healthy discussion.

pomsky

HSC
The extent of it is a brief encounter with rejection of the post-modern model by traditional ways of thinking. It's mainly used as a catalyst for disagreement amongst people and their ways of thinking.

Having said that- should I stay clear of it?

pomsky

HSC
depends on how you approach it, the issue can and unfortunately does get political and tied in with other issues that is unhelpful for healthy discussion.
Thank you for the reply :) What other issues were you thinking of?
I'm hoping to not go down the conventional orthodox/ Christianity conflict. More so traditional villages/ local cultures that reject the minority.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you for the reply :) What other issues were you thinking of?
I'm hoping to not go down the conventional orthodox/ Christianity conflict. More so traditional villages/ local cultures that reject the minority.
maybe, if it is a kept a bit vague referrence to culture. (Like don't go saying "traditional Chinese villages" etc.)
particularly if some element that cultures have their strengths and weaknesses; and contrasting the uniqueness of each culture in that area possibly...
But yes if it is too hard, maybe a similar story.

pomsky

HSC
maybe, if it is a kept a bit vague referrence to culture. (Like don't go saying "traditional Chinese villages" etc.)
particularly if some element that cultures have their strengths and weaknesses; and contrasting the uniqueness of each culture in that area possibly...
But yes if it is too hard, maybe a similar story.
Hahaha, what about asylum seekers? Will that be alright? (thinking of the recent medical protest in Aus. hospital)

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Hahaha, what about asylum seekers? Will that be alright? (thinking of the recent medical protest in Aus. hospital)
possibly, I reckon that is less of an issue, because it doesn't tie to a particular culture

Fiction

HSC
free bump for an interesting question~ C:

Mr_Kap

HSC
"Refugees. Asylum Seekers. Issues that divide the nation" ---> Voicover use by Ivan O'Mahoney in Go Back To Where You Came From, providing audience with information on the refugee issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)