Titration graphs (1 Viewer)

sordatsoy

HSC
if we were asked to draw a titration graph for a diprotic acid and a monoprotic base(or other way around) how do we know the endpoint for the first ionisation when we come to draw it..... i hope im making any sense at all.
Thanks

mR sinister

HSC
Lol, good point.. Arghh.. this is stressing me out, im beginning to think im not prepared now.

but tbh i think its beyond the syllabus... like we only scrapes titration graphs anyway

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
It depends on which is added to which.

If you're adding the base to the acid, it starts at a point <7 because initially it'll be completely acid before any base is added.

Conversely, if you're adding the acid to base, it starts at a point >7 because initially it'll be completely basic.

mR sinister

HSC
Lol, good point.. Arghh.. this is stressing me out, im beginning to think im not prepared now.

but tbh i think its beyond the syllabus... like we only scrapes titration graphs anyway

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC

Actually it is in the syllabus, but even if it wasn't you'd know what to do now ^^

sordatsoy

HSC
ohhhh ok...but how do you know where the equivelance point is for each ionisation level(because its diprotic)

Last edited:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
ohhhh ok...but how do you know where the equivelance point is for each ionisation level(because its diprotic)
Depends on the question, but it most probably would be a multiple choice question if it did come up so don't worry too much about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)