titles? (1 Viewer)

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
hey everyone,
i was just wondering whether anyone has been giving any thought as to what they may be titling their work. has anyone been contemplating anything or if you have do you have some kind of explanation as to why you chose it?

steffo

steph
HSC
black_man said:
hey everyone,
i was just wondering whether anyone has been giving any thought as to what they may be titling their work. has anyone been contemplating anything or if you have do you have some kind of explanation as to why you chose it?
are you thinking about titles already?
how much have you written?

holy crapsicles- am i the only one in the universe who is still messing around?

wildfire_chic

HSC
N/A
No, steffo, I'm still researching, haven't started actual poems. We had to put a working title in our proposal though, so I used "The Human Psyche and Society", but it's truly unoriginal and I can't think of anything better at the moment, I'm planning on thinking of something good once I've finished my first draft (which is quite far away).

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
black_man said:
hey everyone,
i've thought up of a title.. however i got some advice and i was told that it was .. well how can i put it... overworked..overdone.... anyways.. it's a metaphor

"A salute to the true tough soldiers"... Its nothing to do with guns and stuff.. well literally anyways.. but metaphorically it does..

my work is about mothers.. so make out form the title what u wish..

my title will more than 90% change.. but yeh.. we didnt really have to put one in for our porpsal.. but i did anyway...

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
I was still messing around WELL into second term, i remember i was told to finish like eight poems by easter because i'd done seriously no work. Poetry is a medium where you just cant put a time limit on your work because the creative process is so erratic. Having said that, please dont use it as an excuse to just bludge away your time.

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
yeah, as part of our proposal we were expected to include a working title, and since then (which was i think around mid november) my title hasnt changed. i'm not sure how much my theme and my work will change, but i feel it is fairly set in stone, since it is a very very broad concept. i had around 4 or 5 names, but my final decision was 'earthquakes guitars good vibrations' i've appropriated it from the RHCP's 'californication'.

there is a very very long explanation behind it all but i think it basically encapsulates my opinoin of the impact of poetry and it's relationship with music, since my whole concept is investigating the relationship between musicians and their lyrics and poetry.

so far i think i might have drafted around 60 or 65 poems, but they are all very sporadic and most i feel are not good enough to deserve inclusion in my work, maybe only 20-25 are very substantial

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
black_man said:
so far i think i might have drafted around 60 or 65 poems, but they are all very sporadic and most i feel are not good enough to deserve inclusion in my work, maybe only 20-25 are very substantial
FREAKCHILD! I had 14 poems i think in my final work. How long are these 60 or 65 poems?!?!?!

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
umm they kinda vary a little bit. There are lots of different structures and things in it, so some are ballads, folk songs, lyrics, free-verse, sonnets, streaming sort of prose, so some are as short as around 30 or 40 words, though some are maybe around 200 words or more. Lot's of them are very stream-of-consciousness sort of writing, they aren't exactly meticulously crafted, so it may not seem like as many as it sounds...if that makes sense. but that makes me think...how long were yours? were they very long? i assume they were, but were they very long and carefully crafted and things? because im feeling a little bit careless in my writing...

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
ah well my shorteset was 52 words, my longest was 327. I think most were around 280-300 but I was still well below the word limit. Im just amazed that you've written so much so soon. It took me so long to get my ass into action for this!

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
yeah, it's crazy hey. like you said, it's so erratic and stuff, so you kinda can't control it. but i think my concept lets me write lots aswell, because all i'm doing is simply listening to bands and listening to rhythms while writing poetry to match. besides, one of my statements is that poetry is the attempt to explain what is inexplicable. hence it's all simply my expression of my relationships and the world around really through music and poetry, hence the title Earthquakes Guitars Good Vibrations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)