Title as a technique (1 Viewer)

Reanna

HSC
is it ok to use the title of a painting as a technique if its a creative title and really supports what you are trying to say???

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
The title itself is not really a technique. You'd have to relate the title to the image itself, in order to prove anything.

toodaloo

HSC
is it ok to use the title of a painting as a technique if its a creative title and really supports what you are trying to say???
you can use a technique IN the title, sure, but i dont think a title is a technique :\

Reanna

HSC
yeah i asked my teacher she said yeah coz the artist deliberately names the painting something for a reason just like they deliberately paint it a certain way so is a technique

HSC
yeah i asked my teacher she said yeah coz the artist deliberately names the painting something for a reason just like they deliberately paint it a certain way so is a technique
The technique then, is not the 'title' but the words that make it up. For instance, of the title was:

"Tongues and Trees, and Books in the Running Books"

The technique would be alliteration, personification, and if you want to get even more deeper, the notion of animism - "the spirit in all objects."

Thus again, the title itself is not, but the words in it are.

So phrase it like this, here's an example:

Chopin also makes reference to this notion in the use of personification in conjunction with alliteration in his title "Tongues and Trees, and Books in the Running Books" which aid to reinforce his themes of the anima....etc.

Reanna

HSC
The technique then, is not the 'title' but the words that make it up. For instance, of the title was:

"Tongues and Trees, and Books in the Running Books"

The technique would be alliteration, personification, and if you want to get even more deeper, the notion of animism - "the spirit in all objects."

Thus again, the title itself is not, but the words in it are.

So phrase it like this, here's an example:

Chopin also makes reference to this notion in the use of personification in conjunction with alliteration in his title "Tongues and Trees, and Books in the Running Books" which aid to reinforce his themes of the anima....etc.
we had this convo and nah the title standalone is a technique

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
But you need to relate it to the actual context of the picture. It is a completely different text when examined in isolation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)