Tired? (1 Viewer)

mikrokosmos

HSC
a tad late to the conversation but i am feeling numb, on the verge of panicking at all times and throw in a little nausea and dizziness here and there : )

and i used to love english and now its a chore to do ughffwvvbjf

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
I’m not tired at all, I’m confident with all my subjects besides CAFS, our teacher generally doesn’t care about us in any shape of form. He always never reads our emails, never gives us revision or something to make us revise, not do anything in relation to face to face learning, and he is the only teacher who doesn’t teach more than one class. Like I’m so drenched that I don’t even see that I’m gonna get a Band 6 in CAFS despite getting top of the class for all Y11 and Y12 assessments.
Like now half of the cohort have decided to just give up and show why he should care more about the HSC especially when CAFS is the only subject he is teaching.

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
uhm im in yr 8... any advice from you guys for year 11 and 12...???
drop out.

jk don't do that - um my advice is literally to enjoy these junior years, man i miss them. don't worry too much about academics and just have fun. that way you won't be burnt out by the time you're in year 11.

when year 11 does come, just try to set yourself good studying patterns. consistency is key!

uniqueusername1

HSC
uhm im in yr 8... any advice from you guys for year 11 and 12...???
yes mate make the most of life before you get to yr 12. Its actually the worst year of your school life. Don't listen to the guys who say oh yr 12 best year bro so much fun. Honestly kindy-10 is just a bludge and treat it that way. Buckle down in yr 11 and 12.

icycledough

HSC
yes mate make the most of life before you get to yr 12. Its actually the worst year of your school life. Don't listen to the guys who say oh yr 12 best year bro so much fun. Honestly kindy-10 is just a bludge and treat it that way. Buckle down in yr 11 and 12.
I think there's definitely reasons why people consider it as both the worst and the best year.

Of course, exams and assignments are the death of most people. Especially pre-trials and pre-HSC, that few week block is probably the worst moments for sure. I'd definitely say the competitive nature of students before HSC exams can get very hectic, especially if you go to a top selective school like I did ... people will do anything just to get a minor edge on their peers. However, this definitely changes after trials, where everyone helps everyone, as they know that collective success = individual success.

But on the other hand, there's definitely some memorable moments about it. That last week of Year 12, where it's just bantering with mates, talking with teachers (obviously not during these times), but in general, that's probably the one time in the entire year no one cares about the HSC and just wants to make the best out of the little time before the HSC exams.

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
I think there's definitely reasons why people consider it as both the worst and the best year.

Of course, exams and assignments are the death of most people. Especially pre-trials and pre-HSC, that few week block is probably the worst moments for sure. I'd definitely say the competitive nature of students before HSC exams can get very hectic, especially if you go to a top selective school like I did ... people will do anything just to get a minor edge on their peers. However, this definitely changes after trials, where everyone helps everyone, as they know that collective success = individual success.

But on the other hand, there's definitely some memorable moments about it. That last week of Year 12, where it's just bantering with mates, talking with teachers (obviously not during these times), but in general, that's probably the one time in the entire year no one cares about the HSC and just wants to make the best out of the little time before the HSC exams.
yesssssss that last week where its just class parties and your teachers get you small presents, and you take a million photos with your friends, and graduation - literally the best part of highschool

icycledough

HSC
yesssssss that last week where its just class parties and your teachers get you small presents, and you take a million photos with your friends, and graduation - literally the best part of highschool
Oath, like honestly, nothing tops that last week of Year 12. I was lucky in that restrictions had eased last year, so we were able to do all that stuff last year. It definitely must suck though for this year's cohort who missed out on that.

uniqueusername1

HSC
Oath, like honestly, nothing tops that last week of Year 12. I was lucky in that restrictions had eased last year, so we were able to do all that stuff last year. It definitely must suck though for this year's cohort who missed out on that.
yea lol we had none of that. Everyones just staying home to study. In general like the last term of any year in school is the best as you and the class know each other better and theres some chemistry going on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)