Tips for schoolies at the GC (1 Viewer)

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok I am here right now, and to make for a fun night don't forget the following:

1. Be female (they will let you in the clubs despite the rules)
2. Don't wear thongs, you won't be allowed into anything :/
3. Don't use your old license that has a circle punched in it (even if you don't want to lose your current one). If you do, you won't be let into any clubs.. What a fairly shit first night >.< discrimination/sexism is rife in this city :/ also, apparently the police station can do nothing ti help you in this situation, wait till a week day to visit the RTA ehhhhhhhhhhh >.< suggestions anyone?

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
Tip 4.. Even though you are 'only 800m from cav av' it is a long way to walk several times a day :/

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I went last week (im under 18) and the organised beach party every night was pretty cool - i highly suggest any 2012ers that are under 18 go during QLD week for that. Also what we found was that where we were staying was 600m from cav av but every single time the distance seemed to vary haha.

The cops can be dicks but even if you are under 18 and appear kind of drunk they wont bother you unless you are attracting attention to yourself, starting fights or drinking in public for eg. we were walking along yelling "Schoolies" at everyone (lol seriously everyone does that to each other the first few nights) and a friend was doing some retarded ballet shit while walking along and police came over and told us to stop acting like "fucking yobbos" and demanded to see what was in my friends bag. (was just our thongs) Also security guards are pretty difficult to get past, got lucky once when they were distracted once and got two girls up but if the rules say you can't don't presume you'll be able to get people up anyway.

Expect to be sick and feel horrible when you get home due to dancing around so many sweaty people and hooking up with heaps of chicks haha as well as the lack of sleep + drinking.

Last edited:

Garygaz

HSC
go to the beach parties that are on for the first few nights

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
go to the beach parties that are on for the first few nights
The organised beach parties that you need wristbands to get into are only on in week 1 and ended friday, unless you are talking about other parties or something?

Garygaz

HSC
i dunno when i went the QLD week ran into a few days of the NSW week so the gov. was still running them. yes you need a wristband, it was good fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)