tips for improving(?) (1 Viewer)

yupgisonyun

HSC
Well~ i dunno~ but maybe some tips(?) to improve jap skills~~
well basically practice.... (and we never knew that before~~ -_-;;;;)
but you won't get any better at anything, esp. languages
if you don't engage with it~~~
I find listening to jap songs really helpful~~ sometimes movies~~
songs help broaden your vocabs the most~~~
with me~ i get good jap songs~ and then i get the lyrics and their translations...
not too hard to find on the net~~
and then you memorise the lyrics and the translations.....
and then as you sing along.... you're like "oh yer~ this bit means ____"
and then as you keep listening to the song and sing along with it......
you'll eventually have those words stuck in your head......
it's really good for memorising vocabs for me~~
this will help with listening too~~ (obviously~)
and then wif speaking~~ try recording any practice conversations you do....
get like sample questions that are used in the HSC and answer them as you record yourself....
and then when you hear it later oN~~~ you'll be able to pick up your mistakes
and improve on it~~ it is more effective than you think~~
and then always try to speak in jap as much as possible... although it's hard coz you wont' easily find someone speaking jap....
maybe with your classmates or siblings (if they did jap)..... it may seem a lil embarrassing at first.... but it really helps~~~ like when you wanna talk secrets or talk about someone behind their backs~~~ and talk to your teacher in jap as much as possible~~~~
writing you'll only be able to improve by practicing.... but really... there's no difference between writing and speakin except that writing is on paper and speaking is through talking~~ so really if you are able to have that ability to create sentences in your mind..... there's no reason why you will find writing or speaking hard...... you'll probably develop this *ability* the fastest through speaking.... simply coz its the fastest way to get the message through and can be done easily if there's someone to talk to~~~ -_-;;;
reading skills you'll really only be do it well if you know lots of vocabs, kanji and stuff and that you just hav to study for it.... but with reading in hsc..... it is important to note that the top mark questions don't just involve direct translation.
but rather your opinion on language techniques, why and the how based on the text (in which you will have to think up these not just translate), and your ability to express your answers is very important.... coz as you know reading and responding section takes up a lot of marks........ i think the problem wif some ppl is that they might have the answer in their head but hav trouble expressing it.... so really with reading section.... you don't just practice "translating sKills" but those other skills...... and to an extent.... doing english comprehensions can be helpful in developing these "answering skills".............
i hope to an extent my thoughts have beeN helpful~~~
everyone good luck wif hsc~~

gloomy

moo
HSC
great work ^_^

yep the key is:

practice practice fecking <b>PRACTICE!!!!</b>

if you just spend one hour speaking/reading/writing/listening (an hour for each) each day from now until the HSC... thats a lot of fecking hours, and the thing is, <b>you can only get better!!</b>

good luck to everyone in their trials, and the upcoming speaking exam *nervous*

we will all go fine =D just have faith <3
cheers!
-glooms

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)