Tips for doing BIOS1201 (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Tips for doing BIOS1201:

- Remember you have to attend lab in week 1

- For your weekly/fornightly tests, read the lab manual carefully. The test will be of multiple choice (was last year) and some short answers. Don't lose too many marks in these little tests because they are relatively easy if you studied.

- For drawing assessments, depends who you have as a marker, sometimes you may feel being ripped off. Don't worry, they are usually worth a total of 10%. you will get a different marker each time (hopefully).

- Draw clearly in pencil, Draw your lines DARK! make sure your lines MEET. Broken lines are not acceptable in most cases. You will lose marks.

- Ask your demonstrators anything that you don't understand. Don't hesistate. They are nice people. And the lab work will be tested in hte Final exam.

- If the pre-tests ask you to read your prescribed text books (almost always) Read It! Just read your lab manual sometimes is not good enough.

Anyone who has done BIOS1201 is welcome to add what i have missed that you think is important for future students. :)

Good luck!

Azn_Phoenix

HSC
I signed up 4 labs in the first wk...where is it located?? what do u need 2 bring 2 the lab?? Also..does anyone know wher ethe BIOS tuts are..sign up 2 that as well...

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Azn_Phoenix said:
I signed up 4 labs in the first wk...where is it located?? what do u need 2 bring 2 the lab?? Also..does anyone know wher ethe BIOS tuts are..sign up 2 that as well...

theyll tell u wheres its located in the first week
u need a lab coat and gogels...which u buy on campus
call the BEES office and tell them u want enrol in a tut and theyll give u the times of all the tuts and u pick the time which suits u.

Azn_Phoenix

HSC
My BIOS 1201 lab is on the first tuesday....:S...neways, i already signed up 4 a tut, but looking through my subject guide...all tutorials are online?? So what's the point of rocking up 2 the tuts??

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
last year they just gave us a Tute CD, but thing is, nobody ever looked at them until they HAD to... but the CD is pretty useful and i think they just wanna make sure you go through it.

dafidav

HSC
i went today to sign up for lab and tut classes

my tut is on tuesday and starts 2nd week

its in the biological sciences buidling room 140

and my lab is on thursday starting 1st week

its also in the biological sciences buidling, lab A

when signing up, you can purchase the bios1201 subject guide which comes with the tut cdrom

Azn_Phoenix

HSC
Are Tutorials for BIOS1201 fornightly??? How do u know if ur in group A or B?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
joujou_84 said:
i was just reading through my lab manual for bio....the pracs look really boring and annoying.....:(
Some can be. But BIOS1201 is WAY more interesting than BIOS1101 in Session 2.
I recommand you read them carefully before-hand and know exactly what you're doing in the lab, because it can be confusing with so many tasks.

If you need any help with the logistics of BIOS1201, or the course material, don't hesitate to ask me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)