Tip 2 Students: Industrial Action help (1 Viewer)

Dammit

I was never taught this, but maybe you were..if so disregard,

Alot of multiple choice refer to Overt or Covert action.

Overt = Obvious

Covert = Hidden

Overt action by employees include: Work to rule, strike, pickets etc.

Overt action by employers include: Lock Out etc

Covert action by employees include: Sabotage (eg jamming photocopier), absenteeism, staff turnover

Covert Action by employer include: Transfer staff to different areas. (Eg of this is police, if they are say a detective and they screw up bad they end up doing traffic duty...it may only happen in the movies but a good way to remember)

Hope I've helped someone.

doma

rite...
HSC
yeh one 1 q about work to rule, is it liek the workers work, but say they will only work on the things they set?:S

Dammit

work to rule means employees will only do the jobs which are specifically detailed in their employment contract.

EG: say your a factory worker and it says all you have to do is check each stock for quality,

if your boss asked you to empty a bin or help lift some big boxes which you would normally help out and do, you dont do it because you only want to do the Minimal amount of work to cause the most disruption.

These types of Q's also often pop up in multiple choice.

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
btw, has picket lines been made illegal? im not sure but i thought one of the overt actons in the syllabuse is actually illegal

is a roflcopter
HSC
picket lines have always been illegal i think, because it constitutes trespass in a sense. thats why police and shit get called in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)